Chapter 50-part 3

Everyone gets in Voight's car so they don't waste any time and Emma can feel her heart breaking as she sees Jay so nervous. He runs his hand through his hair while he calls his brother. 

"Will's not picking up," he tells them, still holding his cell phone against his ear. 

"Almost there" Voight tries to reassure him. He has turned on the sirens and is running as he is nervous about what is happening to the doctor. His team was his family and his team's family was his family, too. The Sergeant looks at Emma, who is sitting in the back seat, through the mirror and his gaze is all the girl needs. Without saying anything, she stretches out of her seat and rests her hand on Jay's shoulder.

Within a short time, they're in the hospital and Jay gets out of the car before Voight can turn off the engine. 

"We're looking for Dr. Seldon. He's with my brother," he tells the nurse in the reception as soon as he enters the building, with Emma and Voight following. 

"The lab, 2nd floor. D wing... Stairs will be faster," says the nurse as soon as she realizes how much they're in a hurry, and before she can finish her sentence Jay's already running up the stairs. 

"Hey! Please move!" he tells some doctors, and without much concern, he pushes them aside. 

As soon as he gets to the lab door, the sight he sees in front of him makes his stomach turn. Will lies on the floor trying to get up while blood runs from the wound on his head. 

"Will! What happened?" Jay yells and runs towards his brother. 

"I'm fine," Will says, though he finds it hard to maintain his balance. 

"Dr. Seldon. Damn it!" he confirms their suspicions. 

"Oh, God! Will, you're bleeding" Emma points out as soon as she arrives in the room and grabs a gauze she finds on one of the tables. She goes towards him, pressing the gauze on his wound, while Jay still holds him for fear of falling. 

"He did this to you?" 

"Yeah, he knocked the hell out of me" 

"Where is he?" 

"I don't know... He sabotaged our work" 

"How long were you out?" Voight asks, letting even for a few minutes his paternal instincts to show. 

"I don't know... couldn't have been long, he might still be in the hospital" 

"Okay, Jay, Emma, go," Voight tells them. 

"You gonna be okay?" Jay shouts as he runs with Emma towards the door and after hearing his brother respond positively, he focuses again on their job.

A few minutes later, when the whole team gathered at the hospital, Adam and Kim discovered from the security footage that Seldon left the hospital eight minutes before they got there, something that led them to send a Flash-Message asking all units to start searching the doctor's car.

"Tell me we got something solid," Voight says, wanting to end all this chaos when he returns to the district. 

"CPIC hit on Seldon's Prius Canal and Madison, 16 minutes ago," Adam says. 

"Followed him on cams into a parking structure connected to Ogilvie Station," Jay adds while everyone walks around the bullpen exchanging envelopes and notes. 

"12-tact is sitting on the car. They did a covert walk-by. It's empty," Emma says with the same nervousness as the others. Voight looks at them for a while feeling proud of how well they all work together and then opens his mouth to talk.