9

"You are the Decepticon Medic?" (Y/N) inquired, her tone revealing that she was not quite believing of this information as she watched Knockout place a buffer he had been doting himself with in its drawer

         "The one and only." The hot rod smirked, only to scowl at the human contaminating his otherwise sterile medical table. 

     She had her parka and animal skin pede- no, foot coverings on, as well as mittens and the hood was pulled up. The Nemesis had yet to warm enough for her small body to keep itself at an adequate temperature, the Decepticons not really needing such delicately manicured habitats. Knockout was informed (Y/N) would stay with him until Soundwave returned, having business elsewhere. Why they gave her to him was beyond his comprehension. He was a doctor and surgeon, yes, but by no means was he interested or even mildly prepared for any kind of human illness or disaster. He wanted no part in it. 

         "Ah," was her answer, "then you can tell me how these new optics will work?"

Knockout wouldn't admit it to anyone, not even Breakdown, but this small question was the start of his understanding of this human.

         "Oh please, like a primitive creature with a processing unit as slow as an earth snail can comprehend the complex robotics of Cybertronian technology." The mech huffed, "And that's not even considering the amount of minimizing this entire project has to go through!"

         "I'm glad to know my disability has not gone unnoticed," was (Y/N)'s simple, unperturbed answer, though her silence beforehand was long, "but while these lenses may be primitive, they are based on your own technology. Also, I had to base my energon extraction and transfer from solid to liquid state off of your own designs and advancements." She stared at the medic, who in turn, stared back with wide optics, rather stunned at her answer. "If you would kindly explain to me these new optics, I would be willing to listen and learn."

         "Uh-" Knockout looked at anything besides the human female, for once the shining green of her wide lenses creeping him out. Sure, it wasn't ever normal for a human, but he realized just how intelligent she might be, and that's what made these shining lenses disturbing. She knew she had a strange disability, though had not explained it to even Soundwave, or he would have informed Knockout, meaning this human could guess others thoughts and assumptions. Those lenses suddenly became the windows to an empty void that soberly grappled onto information and pulled it deep into itself. Like some ravenous beast easily pulling a struggling prey. This human femme knew herself and knew more about those around her than she let on, simply by observing them.

         "If not then I will know soon enough." Knockout had given her time to think with his awkward pause, and so (Y/N) had interrupted his own thoughts.

         "And you think you can guess these things without my help?" The cherry red medic scoffed, deciding that it'd be amusing to make her look like a fool with his advanced medical knowledge anyway. "Fine I'll teach you about these new optics of yours, but don't expect me to treat you like some newly recruited nurse!"