31

"Pardon my difficulty to hold on

         "Pardon my difficulty to hold on." (Y/N) was irritable still, and her sentence held more than just a simple drip of sarcasm. 

     Soundwave did not appreciate it, this familiarity with him. The sarcasm was well placed, considering he had abruptly plucked her from the Autobot medic's grasp and flew off with her grappling on to his wing. He had no cockpit as most fliers with an Earth based model did, as he had chosen a pilotless drone. It was the only one that suited his T-cog. He would have preferred his Cybertronian model, but to remain hidden from human attentions he made the necessary sacrifice.

         "My apologies." The woman composed herself, brushing her hair back and loosening the knots caused by being windswept from having been launched into the air and then falling to near doom. "I'm afraid I do not understand why I have been taken. I have received no message from you, nor Knockout, not even Megatron, though I doubt he'd bother himself."

     Soundwave wasn't quite so sure anymore. The war lord had begun to praise her work, whether she knew it or not. He might be likely to contact her directly if he truly saw reason for it. Instead, he found that it was himself who had no real reason. No real reason to take the human femme cradled in his servo, anyway. He wanted answers, that was for certain. Answers on why their lives had apparently synchronized to being in the same places at the same times. Similar injuries, even, perhaps thoughts and, though he dreaded it, feelings. His visor was still cracked, and the wound on her head had reopened. He also noted that her optics continued to flicker as she continuously blinked.

         -/Optics/Pained/-

He decided to observe.

         "Optics-" she whispered, nearly dreamily as she shook her tiny helm. "No. I had used them to filter a virus placed by Ratchet from Laserbeak into them."

     Soundwave halted his usual plod down the corridors of the Nemesis. A virus? And she did not believe it should be mentioned earlier?

         "I'm afraid I had to hack into Laserbeak's systems to filter the offending programming. I must apologize for the intrusion. I hope I had not tampered with anything delicate."

         :Did she?: Soundwave felt this would require direct communication with his symbiote.

         :I feel nothing amiss,: his friend admitted, :Soundwave, (Y/N) saved us from this humiliation. Shouldn't that be rewarded?:

     Somehow Soundwave knew he did not mean the renewing of her optics. The virus had certainly caused damage to their inner workings since it would not be able to be used properly. Fixing them would be near impossible. But replacing them was an easier feat, and a necessity. Telling Megatron would be ideal, and he would certainly give this human a reward, of which might be her life, and the promise not to terminate her that day, but that was quite a gift amongst the Decepticons.