Chapter 15

Dearest Miss Hardbroom,

Once again I must ask for your help. Although first let me explain a few things in these moments I am able to write to you whilst my mind is free.

I desperately need your help.

The truth is I have no memories over the last many years of my life. There was an accident during the summer holidays and so I do not know who is lying and who is telling the truth. I have continued with not taking the potion and recently I've notice old a change. It's hard to explain but my mind has been more clearer than before.

The man I thought I was in love with, the person that I couldn't leave no matter what he did to me is all fake.

A love potion.

I'm sorry for keeping this secret from you but for months I've had to learn how to hide. Hide from the pain I have suffered. He does not know of this and I fear it wont be long until he figures it out.

Upon arriving home from Cackles he has magically concealed me to my room and is forcing a magical bond between us.

I'm in a lot of danger Miss Hardbroom  please save me from this place.

At the end of this letter you will find a spell will guide you to me.

Freya.

I stared at the letter in my hand for a few seconds. The tear stains were evident in a few places. My heart raced after reading the inked parchment. There was many times she'd slip up but she was fast to change her words.

Miss Cackle. I must speak with her straight away. I may be a strong witch but how can I blindly go into a unknown situation. Transferring myself into her office Miss Cackle jumped from her place at the desk "my dear you gave me bit of a fright." She said.

Then she frowned, miss Cackle stood from her chair "what is is Hecate?"

I held the letter up "this appeared moments again in my hands. It's from Freya."

"Freya, has she finally given you the answers you seek?"

"Not quite but you must read it for yourself." I handed the parchment over and watched as she read the letter.

"Oh dear." The headmistress looked up "I believe you've come to me to ask what you should do. Hecate you already know that answer." She said.

"Prepare yourself. Help her and bring her back where she belongs." I half smiled but many things still ran through my head.

"Thank you Ada. I may not be a child anymore but your guidance I will always need." I told her. Ada smiled.

"Go now you're wasting precious time." I left the office and transferred to the potions lab. I needed anything that might be useful. A protection potion is the first thing we will need. For both of us.

....

Edmund entered the room with a smirk on his face. I didn't like that look it made me feel nervous everytime I saw it. In his hand was what looked like a dress. The white fabric was light and almost translucent "you'll be wearing this tonight, we're going out and I hope you'll behave yourself." He said throughing the material towards me. I managed to catch it and eyed it up and down. It was very revealing, something I noticed he always had me dressed in.

Pretending was hard, trying to act like I was under the influence of his potions was a difficult task as I didn't realise how much control he had over me. My mind is clear now and all I want to do is fight back.