Chapter 2

I stared at the brass plaque.

I was back in the office. I had stayed up the whole night to come up with the perfect way to tell Dean that I have failed to get a story.

Maybe I should go with, "Yes Dean, I do have sex with the guy but he has no intentions of ever talking to me. Yeah we are just sex objects to one another."

"What are you doing?" Gillie approached me, holding two takeaway coffees.

"Oh is that for me? Thanks!" I said, reaching out for one.

"No, its for me but okay have it. It seems like you are having a rough day." Gillie replied, the corners of her mouth turning down.

"Im just trying to figure a way to tell Dean that I cant get that headline story he wanted." I frowned, scratching my eyebrow. A small tiny habit that happens whenever Im stressed.

Gillie snatched the coffee out of my hand. I stared at her, bewildered.

"Coffee's are for winners not quitters. Are you crazy? Do you never want to get a story again? Giving up so easily would just show your lack of commitment!" Gillie harshly whispered before grabbing my arm, pulling me away from Dean's door.

She was right. If I had told Dean that I was done, he would never trust me with a story again.

"Okay, okay you're right. By the way, what coffee is that?"

"20-ounce iced skinny hazelnut macchiato, sugar-free syrup, double shot espresso, light ice - not no ice, no whip." A small hint of a smirk graced her face. She raised her eyebrows before taking a sip, while looking me in the eye.

I narrowed my eyes. That fucking bitch. She knew it was my favourite drink. She winked at me before backing away, making sure that I could see that she was still drinking my beloved coffee.

I crashed into my seat at my cubicle with a sigh. I needed a game plan to get Dante to agree to an interview.

I pulled out my computer, googling his workplace. God, I sound like a stalker, but I guess I'll have to be to catch him long enough to talk to him.

My lips pursed as I saw pictures of his building.
Luca Green Energy Corp. I smiled. Dante is personally one of the most closed off person that I had ever met. But his work is amazing. He has been and still continues to receive tremendous amounts of praise for all the good work he does. His company focuses a lot on bringing clean, renewable energy into the city.

I quickly noted down the address before grabbing my bag, throwing my laptop in. I sprinted out of the office, waving at Gillie who gave me a thumbs up.

I hopped onto my Sportster Iron 883 bike. My parents got me this baby after I had graduated. I was super stoked as we are small enough to squeeze through and cut traffic. I have an incredibly small bag of patience when it comes to being stuck in a jam.

My bike also comes in super handy when Im working. When Im trying to catch a story, Im usually the first one to the scene as the rest of the reporters and journalist would still be in their car stuck behind some school bus.

Pushing down my visor, I started my engine and took off into the busy streets of New York. I love riding. The hum of my engine and the speed fills me up with euphoria. It made me feel free. I was the one in control of where I go, how fast I go.