Chapter 6

"So you and Meredith, huh?" Mark asked the minute Derek stepped into their kitchen. Derek rolled his eyes at his best friend, before pouring himself some coffee. At this point he really regretted living with his best friend. It wasn't like he had planned for last night to happen. It was bound to happen at some point, Meredith kept pushing his buttons and last night he just had enough. Now it would be out of his system, and he could go on ignoring Meredith hopefully.

"Awh, so we're a thing now?" Derek groaned. Well, he could go on ignoring Meredith after this morning. Meredith walked towards Derek and brushed her body against his on purpose. She poured herself some coffee and turned around watching the two of them looking at each other. She sipped her coffee with a smirk, raising one of her brows at Mark.

"Just so you know, if I fall asleep in the OR today it's on you two." He said pointing at them. "you kept me up all night, with your screaming and moaning."

"I'm sorry Mark, it won't happen again." Derek said, looking at Meredith letting her know that it was meant for her. Because it wouldn't happen again.

"You keep telling yourself that, Shepherd." She said and patted his shoulder.

"So I'm gonna take a shower, and you smell like you need one as well. Care to join me?" Meredith asked, putting her cup in the sink and walking up to Derek hooking her finger around the waistband of his pajamas, dragging him with her without an answer.

Meredith pushed Derek back against the door, as she closed it. She leaned in and kissed him gently, waiting for him to either kiss back or push her away. Luckily for Meredith, Derek was in the mood as well and kissed her back. Meredith broke the kiss and began to strip out of her clothes, watching Derek begin to strip as well. Meredith turned on the shower, stepped in and crooked her finger at Derek inviting him in. He rolled his eyes at her, but stepped in the shower anyways. It was just sex, nothing more. And after all, Derek was a man. It wasn't like he was going to turn down sex, but this was the last time.

Half and hour later Meredith and Derek walked down the stairs and into the kitchen against, this time dressed and ready for work. Mark rolled his eyes at them.

"You're so whipped, Shep." Mark said, looking at Derek with pity.

"No, to be whipped I would have to be in a relationship which I'm not." Derek grunted, walking out the door slamming it behind him. Meredith and Mark looked at each other, and shrugged before walking out the door as well.

Derek, Mark and Meredith walked through the doors to the hospital together, Meredith walking in the middle. Nurses and doctors standing in the lobby looked at them with confused and judging looks. Meredith totally got it. From their perspective it looked like she had managed to snatch up the two hottest doctors in this hospital, and well she did. Or at least one of them.

"Do you have to stand so close to me? You're taking up all my air." Derek asked annoyed, as the trio stood waiting for the elevator to reach their floor. Meredith rolled her eyes, before stepping even closer so close that their shoulders were now touching and their fingers brushing against each other.

"What can I say? We're like magnets." She smirked, leaning to whisper in his ear, "it's not like you had a problem with it last night."

Derek shivered at the thought of last night. After they had fucked in the bathroom at the bar, they had continued drinking for a while with the other before deciding it was time to go home. Meredith had practically invited herself home with Derek, before finding out Mark and Derek lived together. But that didn't stop her, she just suggested a threesome which made Derek fuck her roughly and mark every inch of her body, when they had made it home to make sure she knew she was his, and not Marks.

"I hate you two." Mark groaned, as they walked into the elevator. Mark leaned against the wall closing his eyes, looking like he might fall asleep any minute.

"You're just jealous, Mark. You can have your turn tonight." Meredith said, earning a groan from Derek. She smirked at his reaction.

"Really?" Mark lightened up at the offer.

"No." Derek said simply. They waited for the elevator to reach their floor in silence after that. Meredith hummed a song under her breath, Derek tapped his foot impatiently and Mark was still leaning against the wall. As the elevator reached their floor, they made their way out of it. They walked towards the attendings lounge in silence, Meredith and Dereks hands brushing from walking so close to each other.

"So this was fun." Meredith said sarcastically, as she had finished changing into her scrubs. "I'll see you later, honey." Meredith said, putting out 'honey', knowing how much it would irritate Derek. She leaned towards him, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Ugh, I hope not." Derek groaned, rolling his eyes as she kissed his cheek. She smirked at him, blowing him a kiss before walking out the room.

"So..." Mark said, looking around the room awkwardly. Derek sighed and turned around to face him.

"Stop. It was bound to happen at some point. The relationship between me and Meredith was like a ticking bomb, and last night it blew. It was like... an itch that needed to be scratched." Derek explained annoyed.

"You keep telling yourself that, Shep." Mark said looking at him with pity. Yes, Derek would keep telling himself that. Because it was true. He didn't like Meredith. It was like he had said, bound to happen. And it wouldn't happen again. It had happened last night and this morning, and now it was out of his system and it wouldn't happen again. He had his fun with Meredith, but he wanted more than that. And she couldn't give him that.