three.

Joseph was changed in one of his best blue coats. His plan? To make Michiko have a change of heart. William tried to talk him out of him trying to crash this ball, yet he wouldn't back out. The only thing William could do was accompany him now. Joseph was set on changing Michiko's mind.

The duo waltzed into the room, William kept his eye on Joseph making sure he didn't do anything to blow their cover, After all it was extremely hard to even sneak into here. Joseph admired the women in their elaborate dresses, none of them compared to Michiko. Michiko was a goddess. But passing by the crowds of people Joseph had overheard that this ball was being held for the young Y/n Antoinette, who was rumoured to be beautiful as a rose in a garden out matching any other flower, Joseph wanted to see the the wonderful Y/n and perceive their beauty, he quickly shook off the thought from his head since he only came to look upon Michiko the love of his life and no one in the world could be more graceful and stunning than her... right?

Joseph spotted Michiko across the room. He started to make his way towards her until he noticed the dance floor and music had silenced. Joseph copied what everyone else around him was doing, which was admiring the Antoinette's beauty.

The moment his eyes landed upon Y/n, his heart fluttered like a dove in a cage, butterflies filled up his stomach. The young Antoinette had a curse on him, they were intoxicating. The rumours were true they outshined all the other people.

Joseph's eyes were glued on the young Antoinette. He watched as they were handed to a man who was dressed in dark attire. A strong feeling was in the pit of Joseph's stomach. Envy.

He watched as they danced and swayed to the music. Y/n looked reluctant, and a little concerned about the man's dancing. After what seemed like hours, the music came to a stop.

Joseph made sure to make his move. He ran over making sure to not try to show his identity. The Count turned rather sour, I mean who wouldn't. The Antoinette's beauty was astonishing.

"Well, Y/n out of all the people in this room, your highly beautiful." The man smiled at them.

Joseph chuckled slightly once he realised he had made Y/n embarrassed. They responded with a short and quick "Thank you."

Minutes went by like seconds, Michiko had completely been forgotten, the name didn't effect him. The more time Joseph spent with them, the more he'd find himself falling for them.

Meanwhile, Y/n's cousin Naib, realised Count Aesop's sour mood. Taking account of what was happening, he tapped Emily.

"Madam, would you by any chance know who he is?" Naib pointed at the man in the blue dancing with Y/n.

"No..I could get someone to find out for you though."

"Please, Do."

"Okay, I'll be back."

Joseph spun Y/n around. "Are you new to this town?"

"Why no, actually I've lived here my whole life."

"This town isn't big at all, why have we never crossed paths?"

"Maybe our family."

"Pardon?"

"You'll see soon enough Y/n." Joseph smirked.

Y/n didn't want to push on that topic, since they didn't want to ask anything that would turn Joseph away. They changed topics, surprisingly they had much in common. It was more surprising than they realised.

Naib was becoming even more impatient, tapping his foot on the marble floor, he needed to know who was blocking Y/n's future with their wonderful soon to be husband.

"I've asked around, and nobody seems to know who they are." Emily came back, looking worn out.

"Thank you Madam."

Emily went back to talking with Helena, Naib stood up to make a announcement since the music had stopped. He softly tapped his spoon other side of his cup.

"Hello, may I have your attention please. We have an unannounced guest in this lively room."

Joseph's eyes went wide, he let go of Y/n's hand and started backing away. Y/n automatically realised that Joseph was the intruder.

"You! In the blue who was dancing with Y/n. May you reveal your identity?"

Instead of keeping the look of fear in eyes he stood up straight and looked the calmest out of everyone.

"Why yes, it must've been a mistake. I am Joseph Desauliners." He proudly stated.

The crowd let out a noise of shock, the guards started to go towards where Joseph was.

"Adieu Y/n." Joseph kissed their knuckles gently.

After that he jumps out of one of the many open windows. Y/n quickly rushes up to the window to see Joseph giving them a small wave and then fleeing away from the scene with another man with dark hair accompanying him.