five.

"Plants are born out of the Earth, and they are buried in the Earth when they die. From the Earth's womb, many different sorts of plants and animals come forth." Friar Eli muttered under his breath, unpacking his basket that had flowers, plants and small pebbles. He delicately raised a small flower admiring it.

Friar Eli continued. "Inside this rind of weak flower, there is a posion and powerful medicine. If you smell it, you'll have a healing affect take over your body, yet taste the delicate flower and, you'll most definitely die. Everything has two elements, men and herbs." He paused. "Good and Evil. When evil is highly dominant, it kills the body like cancer." The friar muttered.

"Good Morning Friar." Joseph smiled.

"God bless, why what brings you here at such an hour? Young man if there's a problem its most definitely the hour your getting up. Every ageing man has their problems, yet a young man such as you should feel careless."

"Why your right, I enjoyed a sweeter practice than sleep."

Friar Eli's face was painted with shock. "May God forgive you if you've sinned! Was it with Michiko?"

"Why no! Michiko just brought me grief and made my life full of despair."

"That's good that you know what's best for you boy." Friar Eli smiled. "Yet where have you been?"

Joseph's face turned from one of joy to a nervous expression.

"I have been feasting with my enemy. Suddenly someone wounded me with love and was wounded with love by me. You have the sacred power to cure both of us. I carry no hatred, my request will benefit my enemy."

Friar Eli shook his head softly. "Joseph, Speak clearly. Your jumbled expression will only give you a jumbled answer."

"I'm in love with Lord Antoinete's Child, Y/n. " He sighed. "We are bound to each other in every other way, yet we just need you to wed us. I'll tell you how we came across each other and all that information, as long as you wed us today. I'm begging you." Joseph's eyes filled with hope.

"Oh my! Joseph, why do you have such a drastic change? How have you given up on Michiko, someone who made your days glum and gloomy. You only met them yesterday and yet, your in love? Joseph, you can't expect people to be so faithful when men are so unreliable." Friar Eli rolled his eyes.

"You scolded me for loving Michiko." Joseph muttered

"I scolded you for obsessing over her, not loving her." Eli argued back fixing some herbs.

"You told me to bury my love for her."

"I didn't tell you get rid of one love, and find another." Friar Eli rolled his eyes.

"Please. I beg of you. Don't scold me please, they'll love returns my love, unlike Michiko."

Friar Eli took a large breath in, preparing for what he was about to do. "I'll help you with your secret wedding. This marriage may be lucky enough to turn the hatred between your families into pure love." The Friar sighed.

"Let's go, I'm in a rush."

"Those who rush, stumble and fall."

------------------

William was talking with Kevin, sat down under some shade.

"Where the devil could Joseph be? Didn't he come home last night?" Kevin placed down his book, sighing.

"Not to his father's house. I asked a servant."  William looked into the distance sighing.

"That poor boy, Michiko is going to drive him morally insane."

"Naib, a cousin of Antoinette, sent a letter to his father's home."

"Joseph's father?"

"Of course, who else?"

"I bet it's a challenge." Kevin tapped his hand on his leg.

"Joseph will answer the challenge." William sighed once more.

"Any man, who knows how to write will answer the letter." Kevin shook his head, as if was the most obvious thing in the world.

"No, Joseph will respond to the letters writer, telling him whether he accepts the letter." William turned to Kevin making the sentence obvious.

"Oh lord. The center of his heart has been split by blind Cupid's arrow. Is he man enough at this point to face off with Naib?" Kevin  pinching his nose, and furrowed his brows.

"Why, what is the problem with Naib?" Kevin shook his head in disbelief.

"The problem is He does everything by the book, he's a gentleman from the finest school of fencing. He knows how to turn any argument into a swordfight. He knows passado—the forward thrust—the punto reverso—the backhand thrust—and the hai—the thrust that goes straight through."

"The what?!" Kevin turned to William, confused on how much he knew.

As William and Kevin were worrying about Joseph's safety Joseph appeared from the town square.

"Joseph!" Kevin waved his hand. "We are over here!"

Joseph spotted Kevin frantically waving in the distance.

"You faked us out pretty good last night." Kevin chuckled.

"Good Morning to you both. What do you mean I faked you out? I don't understand good sir." Joseph tilted his head in confusion.

Mean whilst, Emily and Helena made their way to the town square, Y/n had asked them to seek out Joseph and deliver a message from them.

Joseph, Kevin and William's eyes averted to the two girls as they passed through.

Kevin had a large smirk on his face as if to say 'watch this.'

Kevin stood up from the chair approaching Emily.

"Why hello fair maiden." Kevin bowed towards Emily grabbing her hand.

Emily pulled a face of disgust towards the cowboy. She lightly pushed Kevin away wiping her hand delicately on a silk napkin.

"Joseph?" Emily raised her eyebrow towards the ash haired man.

"Why yes." Joseph smiled towards Emily.

"Well, may we talk to you. If your free that is." Emily stood tapping her foot, Helena smiling.

"Joseph, you are coming to your father's house? Correct?" William eyed Joseph.

"I will be with you, I'll follow along after Kevin"

William sighed standing up, Kevin not far behind.

"Now Mr Desauliners, may we talk?" Emily was becoming slightly impatient.

"Why yes, fair maiden." Joseph offered Emily his arm, Helena trailing behind as they walked to the nearby café.

Helena stood beside Emily. "Now, Fair, Y/n asked us to deliver a message to you, but first before we star-" Helena was cut off abruptly by Emily.

"If you are trying to decisive, young Y/n it would be a crime as such. Do anything evil to them I will-"

"I swear, please."

"We will notify them that you have a good heart." Helena stared at Joseph.

"What will you tell them? Nurses your both not paying attention." Emily rolled her eyes, in response to what Joseph had spoke.

"Sir, we will tell them, that you protest to them. That's the most gentlemen thing to do." Helena smiled.

"Thank you nurse, tell Y/n to meet me in Friar Eli's cell this afternoon, that's where we will be wed."

"This afternoon? They'll be there." Emily nodded and took Helena by the arm, then left.

"Thank you nurse."