Killer Lines

Apart from the "kilig" scenes of Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla in "Crazy Beautiful You," what fuels more excitement to this Star Cinema film is the latter's killer lines.

Among these is "Close na tayo, teh?" (Kiko's response to Jackie when she tells him to come with her), and the trending term of endearment, "madam baby."

We asked what inspired these lines during the bloggers conference of "Crazy Beautiful You" yesterday, Feb. 15, at the Trinoma Activity Center.

According to screenwriter Carmi Raymundo ("Starting Over Again"), the first line was originally "close na tayo?" but it evolved during the shooting.

"Normally 'yung mga ganyang linya, as we shoot, bigla na lang lumalabas," she explained. "Suggestion ng mga kasama namin sa shooting, kasi organic 'yung process. Galing sa set 'yun, 'Uy, sabihin ni DJ, 'Close na tayo, teh?'"

As for the now-famous "madam baby," the culture in Tarlac - where they shot for three weeks - as well as director Mae Cruz-Alviar, had a hand in it.

"'Yung madam kasi tawag ng mga taga-Tarlac sa mga guests nilang babae," said Carmi. "'Di ba tayo minsan 'si ate, si manang.' Sa Tarlac, 'yung tawag nila, madam. Tapos dinagdag ni Direk 'yung baby... kasi gustong i-baby ni Kiko si Jackie."

The Feb. 15 Trinoma bloggers conference, live streamed via chat.starcinema.com.ph, marked the first time that such an event was mounted in a mall for a Star Cinema film.

Aside from bloggers, fans also got to witness the conference and a handful even got to ask questions to Kathryn, Daniel, Direk Mae, and Carmi.