Sunglasses

We stepped out of the apartment and Jimin put his sunglasses on and his hood up, he held his hand out for me and I took it, looking into the darkness of his shades and barely seeing his eyes looking back into mine.

He pushed open the glass door at the entrance of the building and we stepped out, cold wind immediately hitting us. He still gripped my hand tightly as we walked across the pavement. People walked past and he pulled me in closer, out of their way, I looked to him but he remained facing forward, a smile creeping onto his face.

We arrived at the cinema and I looked down the list of movies, choosing out a horror that I had not yet seen, "you sure about that?" Jimin asked cautiously, "why wouldn't I be?" I replied, whilst walking over to buy the tickets. "It just seems a little scary is all, but I don't doubt you could handle it"
"Good, so what are you waiting for?" I dragged him into the huge room, a colossal black screen filling up the front wall and rows of seats filling the rest of the room.

We took our seats and the lighting dimmed even further as the screen began to glow. Jimin removed his sunglasses but kept his hood up, I nodded to myself and rested back in my seat, feeling his gaze on me, but I didn't look.

The movie was about half way through and from all the anticipation I could tell that a jump-scare was coming, my eyes flickered to Jimin's arm resting on the arm rest next to me, I grabbed his hand and jumped as soon as there was a bang from the screen, he must have jumped too because his hood fell down, but we were too busy laughing at each-other to notice.

I wish we had noticed.

When the movie ended the lights came back on and people started to get up, Jimin squeezed my hand and I sat up, just as I turned to him I heard the shutter of a camera, I didn't have time to do anything when Jimin pulled me up quickly and rushed us out of the room, "we need to get out of here" he mumbled as he pulled his hood up and replaced his sunglasses. I was so confused, and a little dazed after sitting for so long and then being rushed out.

As soon as we were out of the building he dragged me into an alley, my heart was pounding fast and my palms were beginning to sweat.
"I think we need to stay apart for a while" he didn't even look at me, somehow my heart beat even faster and tears stung my eyes, "what?" My voice barely came out. "I'm sorry, it's not safe for you, I should've known." He began to walk away but I grabbed his wrist, "what are you even talking about? I don't understand?!" This time my voice was loud, but quivering, Jimin didn't respond. He stood there for a second, and then tore his arm out of my grip, hurrying away.

I fell back against the wall, the tears flowing down my face, I felt hot and dizzy, and I knew I had to get home, so I ran.