3

A clanking sound woke Techno. He looked up, stretching and wincing at the pain in his back from lying on the ground.

Dream was curled up next to him, and as he moved, he wrapped his arms around Techno's waist. Techno laughed quietly and looked at the lava wall.

It was slowly lifting up, and Sam stood there on the platform, holding a plate of raw potatoes.

He took a few steps forward and set the plate on the floor by Techno. "Here", he said, turning around and leaving, closing the door.

Techno looked down at the potatoes. His expression darkened as he realized that they were raw. He shrugged and took one, biting into it.

It didn't actually taste half bad, at least to him. Dream jerked suddenly and sat up quickly. He looked at Techno, and then down at the plate.

"Food", was all Techno mumbled, mouth full.

Dream looked at the potatoes, and then back at Techno. "Hard pass, they're raw", he stated, as if Techno was blind. "I noticed", he said.

Dream sighed and stared at the lava wall. "When do you think we'll get out? I mean-", Dream stopped talking at Techno stared at Dream blankly.

"Dream.. Sam said a life sentence, whatever you did must've been bad, and the unfair thing is that I didn't do anything. But I mean.. it's better in here when you're here instead of if you weren't", Techno tried to smile as he finished, but he failed.

Dream turned pale and looked down at the floor, fresh tears stinging his eyes. He only let a few slip. Techno was immediately comforting him, caressing him and stroking the top of his hair.

Dream sniffed and cleared his throat, smiling sadly at Techno. Techno smiled back, and hugged Dream tightly before letting go and grabbing more potato.

"So", Techno said, looking over at Dream, who had begun to bang his head against the wall. "What?", Dream questioned.

"What made you turn on me? Why did you start ignoring me? What happened Dream?", Techno asked, feeling choked, barely managing to get it out.

Dream looked down guiltily at the floor. "I- I found some more friends, the new guys to town, Sapnap and George, and they seemed super cool so I started to hang out with them. And they seemed to dislike you, and they even expressed that they didn't want me hanging out with you, and I just wanted to please them, so I acted like I hated you, until it grew so ridiculous that I had a general dislike for you. But being here reminded me of the good times we used to have, and how much I lov-", Dream cut himself off there, looking into the lava, blushing.

Techno didn't push to see what he said, just nodded silently. "Can you forgive me Techno? I won't hang out with them if you don't want me to, just to hang out with you", Dream said, looking at Techno with such deep sincerity that Techno winced.

He felt like he was the thing that could rip Dream's good friendship with Sapnap and George, and he hated it. He shook his head.

"As long as we can hang out more I'll be fine", was all he said, quietly suffering in his swirling emotional thoughts.

Dream smiled a bit, and then started to think before saying, "You know, it was never Sapnap who didn't want me to hang out with you, and actually, I think he actually tried to encourage me to go hang out with you. It was only ever George.."

Techno looked up, interested. "Really?", he asked.

"Mhm", Dream nodded. Techno suddenly had a thought.

"Hey Dream?", he asked.

"Hmm?"

"When we get out- if we get out", he corrected, "Would you still date George?"

Dream froze, as if the thought pierced him.
"Uhh", he started off shakily, before regaining his train of thought and responding. "I think that I've lost the feelings that I once felt for him, so no, probably not", he replied after awhile.

"Oh, ok", Techno played it off coolly, like he didn't care. He yawned, feeling a sudden sleepiness that he hadn't felt in the minutes before. He crawled over to Dream and laid next to him, putting his head in Dream's lap.

Dream looked down at him and smiled, shutting his eyes as well.

fin.