8

Sam paced along the outskirts of the prison. At random moments he would stop and stare up into the sky, eyes traveling over the dark purple sky sparkled with white freckles of stars.

And then after standing and staring for a minute he would hunch back over and start pacing once again. It soon turned midnight and he went over and sat on the small patch of sand on the shore before stretching into seemingly infinite blue ocean.

The top of the water's surface was sparkled with stars, reflecting the night above making the murky water darker.

Sam sighed and felt tears sting his eyes. He had so much responsibility laid onto his shoulders and he was just expected to face it alone.

Sure, people have offered to help, but he didn't want a second in command. He's seen what happened to people who trusted people and put their faith in someone so much and where did that leave them? Eventually betrayed, left with nothing but a bedraggled mess of a once kind person's remains.

Everyone only cared for themselves.

They never wanted to be friends.

They live only to hurt you.

And boy, did it hurt..

Sam closed his eyes and laid back on the sandy floor, arms stretched, feet resting at the edge of the water, small waves occasionally lapping over his shoes.

"Sam?"

He shot straight up.

Sam looked behind him and saw Ranboo standing there with a worried look on his face.

Sam settled as he realized who it was and turned back to face the ocean. Ranboo went and sat by him, sitting in silence.

"Soo.. what's wrong? You shouldn't be out here this late..", Ranboo asked after a bit.

Sam sighed and decided to spill. It took about an hour to explain, clear everything up that was foggy, answer Ranboo's questions, and more.

Sam also had to recall foggy, old memories that he had shoved to the back of his brain, hoping to never have to see them again. But in a way, spilling the things that were troubling him and addressing his old problems felt.. nice?

Ranboo promised not to tell anyone and helped Sam up, walking with him to the portal where Ranboo had to go before leaving him to walk back home by himself.

On the way back, Sam smiled. He was glad he had such an awesome friend like Ranboo...

________________________________

Wilbur sat outside, gently stroking Steve. "Nobody ever thought about how you were feeling Steve", he sighed as the polar bear whined.

The big, furry, snow-white bear missed Techno. He missed when Techno would come out and talk to him, cuddling him and sometimes giving him scraps of the meal Techno had had.

Wilbur smiled as the polar bear nudged his hand as a sign to continue petting him after he had stopped. Wilbur saw why Techno came out here so often.

The whole family, in fact, was suffering from the loss of Techno. Since Dream had hurt himself two weeks ago, nobody spoke of the duo's absence because it just brought up pain.

Who knew how long it'd take for them to get out now that Dream was injured?

Only time would tell..
________________________________

Tommy cried himself to sleep. Every. Single. Night.

He missed Techno so much. He hadn't spoken a word to anyone for two weeks. The only thing anyone had heard of him was the routinely sobbing sound coming from his room at night.

And that's not a good thing to happen regularly on a daily basis. But Tommy couldn't help it.

He felt like he'd kill someone to have his brother back. That's when an idea popped in his head. Sam, Sam, he's the reason why. He put them in prison, and he's not letting them go.

At midnight, Tommy snuck downstairs into the kitchen. He grabbed a few knives and adjusted them to the straps on the belt he took from the closet. He crouched down and reached into the cabinet under the sink.

There it was. The emergency gun. And a whole pack of bullets. He smiled.

Inside, in his soul, Tommy knew this was wrong. He didn't want to do this, but he felt something much bigger and stronger than he was guide his body around like he was a puppet.

He felt.. controlled..manipulated..toyed with.. maybe even-

Maybe even..

POSSESSED

fin.