Sunrise // Markji

In which Yeji fulfills a promise.

-

The cool air rang through the window, lightly hitting her face along with whatever part of her body wasn't covered by the thick duvet

The cool air rang through the window, lightly hitting her face along with whatever part of her body wasn't covered by the thick duvet. She looked peaceful.

So peaceful that he almost didn't want to wake her up.

To Mark, she was the most beautiful thing under the sun. The sun that had yet to rise.

He pulled her in by her waist, arms securing her slim figure close to his. She shifted slightly by the action, but returned to her stilled state.

His hand touched the bare area of her waist that had been exposed when the big shirt she was wearing lifted slightly. Lightly caressing it, he peppered her face with kisses.

Her face scrunched as she groaned.

"Why are you up?" She mumbled, snuggling into his chest.

"Remember what you told me last week?"

"That you should sleep more because you're already being overworked by your company?" She said.

He felt her words vibrate through the fabric of his shirt that laid atop his chest.

"No~" he cooed, "that you'd watch the sun come up with me when I had a day off. We've never done it"

"Sounds good, wake me up then." She replied, closing her eyes once again.

"Yeji, my day off is tomorrow."

"You mean today, since it's literally 4 in the morning." She complained checking the clock on the wall.

"Yeji."

"Ugh, fine let's go." She said, using all of the energy she could muster to lift her head off the soft white pillow.

He slid off the bed, walking over to put a thick hoodie on. She tossed the blanket off her body, but immediately regretted it after feeling the cold morning air.

She got up quickly, wrapping herself in the thick duvet. He held her hand, walking her out to the balcony, where he sat down in the big rocking chair.

She looked around for a chair, searching for a place to sit.

He yanked on the back of her blanket, causing her to fall straight into his lap with a loud gasp. He chuckled deeply at her, as she stared at his eyes that were set on the city before them.

"It's so.."

"Pretty?"

"peaceful."

"oh."

"You really think I would sit here with the most beautiful woman on earth and call a few buildings pretty?" He asks.

She blushes slightly, hiding her face in the blanket as she was flustered by the cheesy words.

"That was the cheesiest thing you've ever said," she hits his chest.

"I can keep going~" he winks, kissing her temple as she lifted her head.

"God no." She rolls her eyes playfully, having had enough of her boyfriend's weird jokes, "it's too early for this."

He smiles, turning his head as the sky started to gradually get lighter.

The very top of the visible sun was seen, and they both stared as it came up slowly.

Her mouth fell open, seeing something so beautiful for the first time in a while.

"I love you." He says, looking over at her. She turns, making immediate eye contact with him.

"I love me too." She smiles.

"tsk"

"I'm joking!" She laughs.

"The moments over, you ruined it." He turns away dramatically.

Her laugh echoed through the empty balcony, and he swore that he'd never felt more blessed in his entire life.

. . .

That's right y'all are getting fed good today;) anyway I had fun w this chapter.
Enjoy<3

✌️Peace out.