48 Roses and a rejection

COLTON P.O.V

My heart raced as I sped down the highway on my way to Hollies. I took a sharp turn making the dozens of roses I picked up for Hollie spill onto the floor of the passenger seat.

“Fuck.”

I tried to pick them up but almost drove into a tree and my life is worth a lot more than roses so I left them there.

Running a hand through my already messy hair, I clenched my jaw and tightened my grip on the wheel.

 This girl had been on my mind non-stop and all I wanted was her body close to mine again.

 I’d called Kelli while they were shopping and made her to swear not to say anything, I didn’t want anyone interfering with my surprise.

*ring ring* *ring ring*

I swiftly pulled out my phone and put it on loud speaker.

“Hello, you have reached Colton Hayes. Unfortunately I’m too busy to give a f-“

“Colton cut the crap and hurry up.” My mother hissed, cutting me off before she heard something she probably wouldn’t approve of.

 Laughing I replied, “Well hello to you too Mother. Nice to know you would risk your son’s life by calling him while he’s driving but yano each to their own” I playfully replied.

“No seriously Colton, we’re sat here with Zara and Ed and everyone’s waiting for you.” My father hissed into the phone. Sure I was running late – by about five minutes – not five freaking hours.

“Gotcha.” I answered before cutting the phone and sliding into her street and parking outside her lawn.

Picking up about 48 white roses in my hand, I tied them together with a thick red ribbon before slamming the door of my car and locking it behind my shoulder.

“Was it that obvious?!” I heard Hollie’s angelic voice radiate from her upstairs window I chuckled and shook my head before knocking on the door.

Less than five seconds later the door swung open and a beautiful woman opened the door – she had Hollie’s eyes, lips, figure and smile. It must’ve been her sister or something.

“Oh Colton honey, how thoughtful!” She exclaimed, hand on heart gasping at the sight of the 4 dozen roses I tried (and failed) to fit in my hands.

“I would shake your hand but as you can see, there’s a slight problem” I chuckled but was completely serious.

Giggling like a teen, she opened the door wider to allow me in, “Oh dear, well come in, come in. I’m Zara, Hollie’s m-”

“Mother” I finished her sentence shell shocked. Wow.

She smiled, before embracing a not so attractive man at the end of the hallway.

How the hell did he pull her?!

My wolf laughed while I was trying to figure out how their relationship came about.

“Sir.” I said nodding my head.

“Colton” He replied, leading me into the main room where – surprise surprise, my parents were sat.

“Pop them on the table dear, they’re beautiful.” Zara exclaimed, and a chorus of agreement’s spread around the room.