Cup of Joy

Cup of Joy ☕

Where the barista at her local small cafe writes encouragement notes on her morning coffee cup every day

....................

The sky is still gloomy, probably because of the rain last night and the black stains that she found on her favourite white purse didn't make her morning any better.

Perhaps a cup of iced vanilla latte is all she needs to fix her long face that she can't hide with her flawless makeup. She doesn't really love coffee but she comes to Namu Cafe every day. She's not sure if it is because of the aesthetic bonsai giving her extra oxygen, or the barista's angel-kissed dimple that's capable of drawing a smile on his every customer. Perhaps it's his neat encouraging notes on her iced latte cup?

Talking about encouraging note, her cup is in mint condition yesterday. looking fresh and pristine without his adorable smiley sketch he always left under his notes.  Maybe he got his hand full of other customers. Well, who knows.

..................

This week has been hard for her. All the designs that make her burn the midnight oil for a straight 3 weeks were rejected, and instead of taking her exhausted self to the 882 square feet box she called home, she brings herself to the park near the riverside. Her sophisticated emerald heels are killing her leg to the extent her logic stops working and make her throw her thousands dollar Roger Vivier that took years of practice to use into the river.

"Oh god, what did I just-                              "

" MY BABYYYYY!!!!!!! HUWAAAA GOD HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE " at this moment she probably didn't care if anyone looks at her as if she's a madwoman.

Barefoot alone in the park and looking like a pitiful homeless is the last situation she ever imagines herself in this evening. And it seemed like God heard her desperate cry, the knight on a white charger or to be more accurate, the cute barista on his bicycle was sent to her rescue.

"errrr hi? do you perhaps need a ride miss?"

..................

As though bumped into each other in such a concerning situation is not embarrassing enough, her stomach decided it's a perfect time to protest for food. The hustle and bustle of the town are not enough to hide the sound that comes from her stomach. But thanks god for sending such a considerate p̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ barista for her. He immediately stops by the nearest convenience store and gets two cups of ramyeon, which later they eat while enjoying the sunset.

She can't help but to let out a chuckle when she realises they look like a couple on a date.

" Are we on a date?" She asked, amused by her thoughts.