Uninvited Neighbour

Uninvited Neighbour

Sooyoung's favourite soap opera was her senior competitively trying to flirt with each other and failing miserably

Sooyoung's favourite soap opera was her senior competitively trying to flirt with each other and failing miserably. The plot never changes; they'll end up fighting over something petty in every situation. And Sooyoung never miss any episode. The first episode is so memorable she even names it, 'mafia tragedy'.

Other than being the most mature, Irene and Jin were known as the calmest among them. Through mutual friends, they somehow found themselves sitting side by side at a picnic table, it's supposed to be study week but they decide to play a mafia game on a humid night. It only takes a round before they turn vicious.

It was not even a fight, it was a war. Knowing that not even a drop of alcohol was affecting them that night, Sooyoung can only conclude they were possed. The competitiveness turns the game into a comedy skit and later the table becomes a courtroom.

They keep accusing each other out of annoyance and without any logical reason, as if they just experience hate at the first sight. They only stopped when Seulgi is crying out of guilt because she's the real mafia all along. There's only one word that can describe their newfound 'friendship', and it was chaotic.

....................

The first day of this semester was beautiful. Cloudless sunshine with a mild breeze, a perfect day to welcome the hopeful freshmen to prestigious Konkuk University. Already short of breath, her lungs labouring as she headed down the path to the main hall.

Despite her efforts to run as fast as she can across the faculties, she still manages to be fashionably late today. She knows she is at least 30 minutes late when the students are already divided into groups, indicating that the assembly is long ended and the orientation already started.

"Did you take your sweet time rolling your kimbab and forgot you are one of the moderators for today's orientation? " Every word out from the kissable lips only cause her annoyance.

"Should I pick up our beloved model student so she can be on time?" He continues to provoke her.

"Shut up fishing maniac, I'm too tired cleaning my new house to start our usual skit today." Indeed they have a very long list of pet names to get into each other throats and just like the first day of the past semester, the lucky freshmen get to see them bickering for a whole ice-breaking session and occasionally throughout the orientation.

Bantering was their damn love language. And even if they were unaware of it, they bring the best out of each other. And by the best, Sooyoung means the best curses. Seokjin is not usually competitive but with Irene, he gets super competitive. And Irene was never the type to waste her time and raise her voice to argue about anything yet not a single class is missed without them bickering like a married couple over everything; so much for the 'goddess of peace'. Matured and calm no more, they'll become childish and petty in presence of each other.