My Muse

My Muse

The leaves are rustling together, whispering their secret into the spring breeze

The leaves are rustling together, whispering their secret into the spring breeze. He was out and about with his palette going around the garden to find something worth as his muse. Maybe one of these flowers would be lucky enough to catch the artist's attention and get their beauty immortalised by his graceful strokes. Too bad, in the garden full of flowers, his eye lay on her.

" Sorry, Miss, I hope this doesn't sound weird, but can I draw you?"

After that day, the sun fell into the earth, and the stars appeared, but he didn't notice, for the only thing worth noting in his life was her existence.

....................

Laying his eye on her eternal beauty is the sin he commits. Her glossy porcelain skin and her shinny wavy hair fall perfectly on her slender shoulder. Her bright almond eye reflects him perfectly like a mirror, making him feel like he's the centre of the universe. He became deaf to life around him as her sweet voice is the only thing he wants to hear. She's a complete masterpiece god meticulously carved with love and warmth. Before he knew, he already loves her past the moon and misses her beyond the stars. She becomes the gravity that holds him down.

"did I look weird? She shyly mumbles in between her forced smile.

"Not at all. You look perfect. Please stay still a little bit longer for me, Soyoung-ah." He assured her with his smile as he immerses himself in the painting, trying hard to ignore her change of complexion.

Every stroke on the canvas carries her, and every shade in the paint depicts particular memories. Every line reminds him how her smile is the most beautiful when she sings, how her eyes are glistening under the moon, and how her hair flows like silk when she runs freely on the ocean side. How he wishes her cute gummy smile would last forever.

....................

How long has it been since that fateful day? She doesn't know. When she's with him, she lost track of time. She can sit still and smile for hours just for him. She loves how his eyes musing on her and only her. She loves how he constantly frowns on his canvas but only gives her his comforting boxy smile. How she wishes time would stop and the moment would last forever. Soyoung knows she doesn't have all the time in the world, and even if she only has an hour left, she willing to waste it on him.

This man in front of her is too handsome. He feels unreal. She still remembers how she thought a statue come to life when he first approached her in the garden. But now he's the reason she still fighting. She breathes, she aches, she smiles all for him. Taehyung, he's art himself. Taehyung teaches her how forever feels like. Every day she prays to God to let her stay longer beside him. Every day she prays to not miss tomorrow with him, aware she won't be lucky enough to see his raven curls turns grey. But who can change God will?