Flight 1.46.5 - Affirm

Affirm

One of the standard phrases to use, whenever possible, which should be used in radiotelephony communications, Affirm equates to "Yes."
Contrary to popular belief, "affirm" is a non-standard, but widely used, abbreviation for "affirmative".
Also, "affirm" is pronounced as "AY-firm".

———

Preceded by: FLIGHT PLAN Flight 46 - Acknowledge

———

SUMMARY:
Nikolai's family, despite being a little suspicious, genuinely and wholeheartedly accepted Yumi. Little did she know that even her own side of the family do so, too, concerning Nikolai; especially when they let him knew of the past. Now, he much more wanted to protect her at all cost.

———

Nikolai's POV

It is not surprising to find out na mas atat sila Papa, Mama and si Yana na makausap si Phoe. I mean, today's even a Wednesday, and expected ko ay si Yana lamang ang nasa bahay dahil maaga pa kaming nakarating sa bahay namin sa Makati. Given that she was granted a week-long leave ng Rosey for the family event, and she was only expected to catch up with the activities to be sent online. However, for some reasons, nasa bahay na rin sila Papa at Mama, na mukha namang clinear up ang afternoon schedule nila para lamang magawang masalubong si Phoe.

Hindi na naman ito ang first time nila magkita-kita and magkausap-usap. After all, ever since noong nalaman nila na I am way much closer to her than sa iba kong mga ka-batch, them hinting right away na I treat her as more than a batch mate or even a friend, mga naging wingman ko kaagad para alamin almost everything about her. I even thought back then na pina-private investigator pa ni Papa si Phoe and her family para malaman basically almost everything about her.

But this is, by chance, their first time to actually meet her as my girlfriend. Despite me sharing to my family about my past relationships, I hadn't even introduced any to them to meet one another personally. Para sa akin, I want to only introduce one lady to them; the very woman I am sure and serious about to take as my wife in the foreseeable future. And now, it is the right time and the right person.

And also, this is their meeting na separately hindi namin kasama ang mga ka-batch namin. After all, maging during dinner ay parang anak ang turing nila sa kanya. Offer ng pagkain, kumusta sa kanya and sa family, and basically everything that they do to entertain a guest.

Nabanggit din nila na first time ko raw magpakilala and magdala ng girlfriend sa bahay. Since madalas lang din ng mga nabisita sa bahay ay either mga ka-varsity ko or 'di kaya mga ka-tropa ko talaga.

And even with all those talks of assurance to make her feel at home, halata na nahihiya at kinakabahan pa rin si Phoe. Kahit halatang-halata naman, since the start or even way beyond this date, that they like her.

I remember telling her that they do like her right after no'ng dinner in celebration of my first solo.

Hindi ko na siya nakausap right after namin talaga dumating ng bahay. I mean, hindi pa alam ni Phoe kung kanino makikinig o makikipag-usap talaga. That right even after dinner ay pinagbawalan pa akong istorbohin si Phoe para raw makapagpahinga siya ng maayos. Wala naman akong magawa if bantay-sarado kami, that I relent in the end and just decide to finally give her a call pagkatapos ko mag-shower.

Hindi ko naman ine-expect that she'll be answering the video call with the lights off and already on bed. Not to mention that it feels like I've caught her at such a moment that she's about to fall asleep.