FIVE

Rosalinda had told Rafael that she had to go rather abruptly, saying there was a problem with the construction. The truth was she was trying to find a way to tell him about Roman and Petra. She certainly couldn't do it today and ruin his happiness about the ultrasound.

Now, she had two options. Option one - let him find out on his own, Rafael then finding out that she knew and didn't tell him. Or option two - tell him herself.

Rosalinda definitely wanted to tell him herself but she wasn't sure which side of her wanted to do it. On one hand, they were finally to that "friend" place. And on the other, her raging feelings for Rafael were bursting out of the seams. And as much as it hurt her what Petra and Rafael did, she couldn't get in the middle of their relationship like that. That's not the kind of person she is.

She had decided to go find Rafael and tell him as soon as she could. Soon enough, she found him leaning on a railing looking out. The waves crashed in the background as she came up beside him. "You've got your thinking face on, what's up?"

"Uh, let's see - Jane's suing my sister, I mean me actually. I put my share up as collateral, no one else would insure Louisa with her history of addiction. But I did hear the heartbeat today" He pulled out a black and white photo of the baby from the ultrasound. "And I've decided to give me and Petra another chance. I just think that maybe after everything, we can really get back what we had."

"I'm happy for you Raf." No she wasn't. "If that's what you want I support you one-hundred percent." Even if it feels like her heart would rip in two.

"It is." But looking at her now, he wasn't all that sure.

Breathing in sharply, forcing a smile on her face, she pushed herself away from the railing - and away from Rafael. "Why don't we go join the party then?"

As they walked in, they were immediately faced with Emilio and Louisa Solano. Rafael's father looked the same as the last time she had seen him, Louisa too. The whole family seemed to have not aged a day.

"Ah! I haven't seen you in so long Rosalinda. Tell me, have you two gotten back together?" Emilio Solano brought Rosalinda in for an unexpected hug, Louisa smiling at her from over his shoulder.

"Dad, I'm married. Remember? And what is she doing here?"

"I invited her."

"Dad, I don't know if you realize what's been going on-!"

"Of course I do. Louisa filled me in. Louisa's family, family is what matters. The important thing is she wasn't drinking."

Rafael scoffed, shaking his head angrily. "I don't understand why you coddle her."

"You know why I do." Emilio snapped at his son.

She could see the shock and anger on Rafael's face. Rosalinda subtly placed her hand on his arm, pulling him towards her. "Come on, why don't we get a drink?" He nodded deftly, following after her towards the bar. Emilio and Louisa watched the interaction, both sharing a small smile.

"I'm sorry, I know how your dad can be. I know you don't like to talk while you're pissed off, so I'll just sit with you if you want-" She hadn't gotten to finish her sentence before his arms were wrapped around her, his face buried in her shoulder. It wouldn't have been so abrupt had it not been the height difference. Rosalinda was only 5'5, average height. But Rafael would be taller than her no matter how tall she was, him being 6'2. She didn't pay much mind though, wrapping her arms around his middle while he calmed down.

"Ignore your father, you have a reason to be angry. And you are under no obligation to forgive Louisa no matter what anyone thinks."

"Thank you." He released her, but his arms had remained on her shoulders. There it was again, that spark. It had been seven weeks since they reconnected, and it seemed as if every time they were together the spark only grew more and more. His arms dropped, but his hand had quickly taken it's place on her waist.

"You know what I think you need?" Rosalinda asked, looking up at him. Her hands were playing with his sleeve, an old habit she did when they were together. Rafael noticed, and if it were possible his heart swelled even more.

"What do I need, all-knowing-one?" Rafael hummed, smiling down at her.

"Maybe we should get some of our friends down here? I don't know if you've kept in touch but Phoebe and Tobias are meant to move out here anyway to work with me once the construction is finished, and I'm sure if I asked Julio would come too."

"I don't know, me and Julio had a pretty bad falling out after our whole group split up."

"All the more reason to get back in touch right?"

"I'll think about it."

As they talked the commotion of the party grew, then suddenly the light's went out. A huge crash was heard, and when the lights came on Roman Zazo was impaled on the ice sculpture.

Roman Zazo was murdered.