SEVEN

Rosalinda had run into Jane earlier in the day, and got to talking. Apparently she was writing an article about the Marbella, so Rosalinda gave her a few papers she had been meaning to give to Rafael. Hopefully if she minimizes contact with Rafael then her feelings won't get so muddled.

While walking by the pool, she was wearing a cute two piece bathing suit. But she didn't expect to see Rafael coming up to her by the pool.

"Oh, hi Rafael." She tried to keep her distance but each time she backed up he would take one more step forward.

"Guess what I found out?" She couldn't tell if Rafael was angry or happy.

"What?" Step back.

"Roman and Petra were having an affair." Step forward.

She tried to sound convincing, but failed miserably. "Whaaaaat, that's crazy!" Step back.

"Yeah it's crazy, I can't believe they would do that to me. I'm done with her." Step forward.

Step back - SPLASH!

Rosalinda fell into the water, her hat and sunglasses coming off in the process. "Rosie! Are you okay?!" Rafael jumped into the pool after her, arms circling around her waist before she had a chance to stand up.

"I'm okay! It's four feet, I can stand." Laughter erupted out of the both of them. One of his arms was wrapped around the bare skin of her waist, while the other was moving hair out of her face.

"You look like cousin it!" Rafael moved piece by piece out of her eyes, his other hand then moving to the back of her neck. It was an incredibly intimate position, which reminded Rosalinda of her very intense dream.

"Thank you..." The chemistry between them only seemed to grow, making Rosalinda suddenly very aware of how complicated this entire situation was.

He was married, although that relationship was quickly fizzling out. Jane was pregnant with his child, the only child he would have apparently. The feelings that she had once had for him were returning in full force, hitting her like a freight train. Even if he somehow did still have those feelings for her, it didn't change the past or their present dilemmas.

"You know, I was planning on swimming - but I didn't think it would go like this." She laughed easily, stepping back quite reluctantly from the heat Rafael always seemed to bring to her chest. Rafael laughed with her, throwing his head back.

"I guess not!" Their eyes met, and once again heat spread throughout her body. Rafael's gaze held her own, and she had to resist every instinct in her to not close the distance between them. "I...I have to get back to work, but I'll leave you to it." Rafael's eyes tore away from her own, stepping up the pool steps and out of sight.

~

The next day Rosalinda was waiting at the airport. Julio, Phoebe, and Tobias were meant to arrive any minute. She had already made sure their rooms were set, a room to share for Phoebe and Tobias. They had been married for almost two years now. Julio was another complicated story, but that's for another time.

"Rosie!!" A bubbly voice called out from the masses, a head of blonde hair billowing out from the crowd and barreling into Rosalinda's arms. Tobias and Julio lugged bags behind them, following after Phoebe. "Oh I missed out so much!" Phoebe cried out, hugging Rosalinda to the point of suffocation.

"I missed you too, but I do require oxygen so do let up eventually Phoebes." Rosalinda giggled, hugging her back.

Phoebe let up immediately, holding Rosalinda at arms length. "You look so good! Oh, I can't wait to start working - It'll be like old times!" Tobias gave her a quick hug as well before moving back to his wife's side.

"Hey Rosa." Julio smirked, wrapping his arms around her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Rosalinda hugged him back, old memories filling her mind. "Come on you guys, I'll take you to the hotel, and tomorrow I'll show you the center."

~

Jane hurried into the hotel, holding a stack of papers in her hands. As she made her way into Rafael's office he was already in there pacing.

"We should talk." Rafael spoke nervously, holding a paper in his hands. "We've been getting closer, and I do feel very connected to you - as the mother of my child! But this uh, bondage and wax scenario - It's not gonna happen, Jane." Rafael spoke over Jane, her getting confused more and more by the minute.

"Okay... I don't know what you're talking about. I dropped off Rosalinda's papers she wanted me to give you, but I completely forgot to give you my paper... so I'm just gonna drop these off now and pretend I didn't hear any of that." Jane stuttered on, quickly placing the paper on the desk before trying to scurry out of the room.

"Wait, wait! Rosie wrote this?" Rafael's eyes widened, scanning the paper once again as if it held all the answers to the flurry of questions in his mind.

"Um - yes, so for the sake of preserving the image of my new friend I'm going to attempt to cast the image of the bondage and wax idea out of my head."

As Jane left the room, Rafael's mind was running a mile a minute.

He had to see Rosalinda. 

~

A/N: Sorry for not updating, my mental state went to trash. But I'm back :)