Part 2: Kidnapped by a Roommate

-.-.-

I look between Jared and Theo.

"What do you mean roommate?" I ask cautiously while accidentally staring at Theo too long. He only stared back at me with a weird look behind his eyes. I don't back down and stare at him even more weirdly.

Jared walks to the kitchen island and placed the grocery bags on the counter. "I mean Theo lives here. He was away on a short vacation, but now he's back."

I look down and squint my eyes. Roommate?! Do I have to deal with another stupid idiot? Even worse, live with him. Even from our first encounter, I could tell this would end badly. My mind was running in so many different directions, and I couldn't keep up. No, I will not start spiraling.

"Oh my gosh, they were roommates!" I yell in a hushed voice.

Jared sighs at me and runs a hand down his face. Theo leans over to Jared with an even weirder look on his face, his face scrunched and tense.

"Did he just quote a vine?"

Jared nods. "It's what she does."

Theo only nods along. I can feel his stare as if he is checking me out. I mean, why wouldn't he? I'm hot.

A shake my head. "I'm going to go get some fresh air."

I walk out of the apartment without heating a word from Jared or Theo. I stalk down the stairs and sit on a bench outside the complex. I relax into the seat. I pull my headphones and phone out of my pocket and turn on a playlist from my phone.

I let out a breath as I hung my head back. The soft beat of the song helps me calm my mind and escape from the world around me. I close my eyes and I don't notice when He sits down beside me on the bench.

I open my eyes glancing to my side and almost jump out of my seat. Theo's eyes follow my every move, and I think he chuckles under his breath when I become startled. I pull one earbud out and glare at him.

"It's rude to sneak up on people."

Theo shrugs. "I was just coming to sit on this nice outdoor bench."

I scoff, but before I could put my earbud back in he speaks again.

"What song are you listening to?" His voice sounded genuine, and for a small second, I thought he actually might want to know. I thought better of it.

"Why do you care? It's none of your business."

Theo shakes his head at me, almost feigning sadness. "It's sad how defensive you are. You know there's as such thing as being friends with people."

I scoff once more and stand up from my seat on the bench. Theo looks at me from under his dark brunette locks.

"Just because you live with us doesn't mean I have to get along with you or talk to you."

At that, I stomp back into the apartment complex, the snack I was going to get long forgotten. I went into my room closing the door with a swift click. I know Theo entered after me because I could hear him and Jared talking. I paid them no attention and simply sat in my room for peace.

I almost felt bad for being so harsh to Theo out there, but I shook off the feeling after remembering his annoying smirk. The audacity that boy has!

I stayed in my room until dinner. My anger at Theo silently brewed inside me. When I finally pulled out my earbuds and clicked off of the social media site on my phone, I got off my bed because my stomach was growling at me. I went to open the door, but I was met with a hand dragging me out before I got the chance.