Part 3: Nightmares and Secrets

-.-.-

The sky fell into deep blues and a small amount of yellow still littered the sky in the clouds from the sun. My soul was can and at rest. It was starting to get dark, and Theo and I had finished our food.

We started back towards the small cottage and the truck. Theo opened my door for me again before hopping in the driver's side. He turned on the truck and pulled onto the road.

I watched him as he drove. He was quite a curious person. I wanted to analyze him, figure him out. However, there was something in me telling me to not try to understand the dark-haired boy who had bought me food and treated me sweetly. Something told me I would get too close to him. Something told me I would lose him like the rest.

I ignored the voice.

"Why did you do this?" I ask resting my elbow on the console between us.

Theo squinted his eyes. "I already told you why."

"I mean the real reason."

Theo chuckles under his breath. "That is the real reason, Angel."

I shake my head at him. I knew better than that, but I had all summer to figure this boy, I guess.

"Are you the same age as Jared?"

"Yes."

Cool. He's three years older than me. That means-

"Wait, you can drink can't you?” I ask.

"I would like to think most humans can consume liquid, Angel."

I sigh, knowing he knew what I meant. "I mean, alcohol, idiot."

"I can buy alcohol, yes."

A smile comes to my face. I crack my knuckles as I come up with the perfect plan.

"Can we make one more stop then on the way home?"

Theo runs a hand through his hair and closes his eyes quickly before focusing on the road again. "I'm not buying you alcohol, Angel. It's illegal."

I crossed my arms turning towards the road. "It's not illegal unless you get caught," I retort.

"Maybe some other time. I can't supply you with alcohol on the first day I met you, or your brother would think I have other intentions with you."

"And you don't?" I say more as a statement than a question.

"No, I don't."

We arrive back at the apartment with my disapproval. I had thought I could have convinced Theo, but I will have to try another day. Theo comes to open my door for me.

"Don't think just because you got me food and treated me with basic respect that we're besties, got it?" I remind him.

Theo keeps a serious face, but I can see the smile hidden behind his eyes. "Sure, Angel. I'll keep it in mind."

I give him a side-eye as I get out of the car, but he only smirks at me. He thinks he is so smooth, but I will not be adding to the huge ego he has.

I head into the elevator with Theo on my tail. We ride up to our floor and enter our apartment. Jared sits on the couch exactly where we left him before we left. The only different thing is the empty pizza box sitting on the small coffee table in front of him.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes at the sight.

"Did you eat a whole pizza while we were gone?" I ask.