Never ever(&&IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END PLZ READ)

"Melissa, wake up." Carl whispered. I opened my eyes to see Carl sitting beside me. I smiled and sat up.

"Are we allowed to go outside now?" I asked.

"Not till tomorrow, not us, anyways. Or Noah or Damien. Or Judy, obviously." He said. I chuckled and looked around the barn. Everyone was still asleep. Everyone looked so calm and peaceful.

"Why are we the first to wake up?" I asked.

"I woke up a while ago, just felt lonely." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Well, since nobody's up, wanna go outside? Nobody'll see or hear us when we're gone. I wanna see what happened outside." I said.

"Really think that's a good idea?" Dad asked, still lying down with his eyes closed.

"Actually, I did..." I mumbled.

"Think again." He mumbled. I sighed and sat back down. Carl laughed.

"Oh, shut up, Carl." I chuckled. He sat down beside me, wrapping his arms around me.

"I miss them..." I mumbled.

"I do too." Carl sighed.

"Promise you'll never leave me?" I asked, looking at him. He turned his head towards me. He looked into my ice blue eyes, while I looked into his baby blue ones.

"I promise you, I'll never ever leave you. As long as you promise you'll never leave me." He said.

"I promise." I smiled. I softly kissed him and rested my head on his shoulder. I thought about back when we found the cars. We found a bunch of water, with a note saying: 'from a friend'. We never drank it, though. Thinking people may have out something in it.

"Remember when we found those water bottles 'from a friend.'?" I asked. Carl nodded. "Who do you think that was?"

"I don't know. I don't really wanna find out, either." Carl said. I nodded.

Daryl's POV

I woke up and saw Melissa and Carl talking. I smiled. That boy would crawl to the ends of the earth for my daughter.

I stood up and walked over to the doors. I looked outside, seeing fallen down trees and walkers trapped underneath them. It was like a tornado went through the place. I don't want any of the kids seeing outside, or even going outside. It's to dangerous.

"What are you looking at?" I heard Melissa ask confused behind me. I jumped and turned around.

"I don't want you going outside, you got that? I mean it." I said. She made a confused face and slowly nodded, turning back around and picking up Judith.

"Aye aye, caption." I heard her blankly say as she walked last me with Judith, putting two fingers up to her forehead and saluting.

"Watch the attitude, Mel." I sighed. She turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Really? I should be able to go outside whenever the hell I want to!" She said.

"The hell is wrong with you, Melissa?" I asked. She put Judith on the ground and had her play with her red plastic cups.

"I'm not a little kid anymore! I don't need to be babied! Whatever is out there, I can handle!" She shouted. Anger boiled up inside of me.

"You listen to me, I am the boss of you and what I tell you goes, you got that young lady?!" I shouted.

"God, I hate you!" She yelled. The next thing I know, my hand is stinging and red. I looked at It. I looked up at her and she was holding her cheek. She had tears in her eyes. I looked up and the group was all standing there, their hands covering their mouths or with shocked expressions on their faces.