Guess this is it

Melissa's POV

"Rick! Come on down, let's have a talk!" Philip yelled. Hershel, Michone and I were in the back seats of the car. I put my head on Hershel's shoulder, trying to stop shaking.

"Don't worry, well all be just fine." He smiled. I nodded. Most of rick and Philips conversation was a blur, but some of it I heard.

"Well, is Michone on the council?" Philip asked. I looked at Michone. A pair of arms came and pulled Michone out of the Carl. I gritted my teeth.

"How about Hershel? He on the council?" Philip said. I looked at Hershel. He was pulled from out of the Car. I heard Maggie and Beth scream.

"Let's see... Melissa... She on the council?" I began shaking even more. I was pulled out of the car and shoved to the ground, quite roughly might I add.

I looked beside me at Hershel. He looked at me and nodded, telling me to be calm. I nodded back and looked at the group. I saw Maggie and Beth, crying. I saw rick at the gates, trying to keep his cool. I saw dad and Carl, wide-eyed and angry, pointing guns at Philip.

"I'm afraid that's not possible." Philip said. He grabbed machines katana. My heart started beating so fast- I was afraid it would burst out of my chest.

"Now, you listen to me. You hand us the prison... And no one gets hurt." He said and put the katana to Hershel's neck. I stiffened up, looking at Carl and my dad,I tuned out everything anyone was saying. Carl looked at me, locking our eyes. I saw nothing but pure fear and anger. I let a tear fall from my eyes, looking at my dad. He was biting his lip, trying to keep calm.

If Philip is willing to kill us, I may never see my dad again, never kiss Carl again, never laugh with everyone again, never hold Judith again, never speak to Hershel again, never hug Merle again... I may never see anyone again.

"We can all come back! We aren't too far gone!" Rick pleaded. I zoned back to reality. I looked at Philip, he slowly took the katana away from Hershel's neck. Hershel smiled. I let put a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled.

I saw Philips hands grip tighter around the katana. He looked at the blade, at Hershel, then to rick.

"Liar." He whispered. Everything next went in slow-motion. Philip took the katana back, then quickly sliced Hershel's neck. I screamed. I heard Beth and Maggie's screams and cries. Everyone was shocked. Hershel fell to the ground beside me.

"Hershel..." I whispered, tears streaming down my face.

Philip walked over to me, seeming that I'm the next person on his list. I felt the cool metal blade sit on my neck, the cool red blood from Hershel running down my neck. I stiffened up, biting my lip. I looked at my dad, and I swear I saw a couple tears leave his eyes. I looked at Carl, who was almost at his breaking point. I looked at my dad and gave him a faint smile, mouthing 'I love you' to him, then closing my eyes, getting ready for this all to end...

I felt the sharp blade lightly go across my neck, threatening to slice my skin.

"We brought a tank, and were letting you walk away. I'd hurry now, I say there's only about... Four hours of sunlight left. Better get a move on... Unless you want this one here to..." He finished off his sentence by running the blade from my chin down to my chest.

"No." Rick shakily said. "We aren't giving up the prison." Rick said.

"Then we'll kill her." Philip said.

"Fine!" Rick said, looking into my eyes. I shook my head.

"No, rick." I gulped. "You-you're not giving up the pr-prison for me." I shook. I looked up at Philip.

"Kill me, leave them..." I said.

"Melissa no!" Dad called out.

"Shut up, asshole!" The man in the tank said. I looked at my dad and shook my head.

'You have to' I mouthed to rick, looking back down at Hershel, knowing that that may be me soon. I looked at Carl, him looking at me with pleading eyes. I looked at the group. Carol, a motherly figure whom I have grown closer to since the start... Kayla, my best friend... Judith, the little sister I've never had... Beth, Maggie... My other best friends who I can always trust... Glenn, the older brother I've never had... Michone, we've never been close, but I know I can trust her...Carl, my reason to survive, my love, my life, my hope...I promised myself that I would love till the end...

Guess this is it...

I looked on the ground beside me, Hershel... My grandfather figure (I was never allowed to see my real grandfather), our doctor, our saviour. He kept us same through this, he kept us human...

Now his blood was spilling all over me... He's gone.

Carls POV

"Kill me, leave them..." Melissa said. I was trying to say something, but I couldn't.

"Melissa no!" Daryl said. I shook back to reality and gripped my gun.

I looked into her eyes.

"Okay. Guess we're doing this the hard way." Philip said. He gripped the katana, swinging it at her neck.

"NOO!" Dad screamed.

------

Hey y'all!! It's been a while since I've talk to you guys...

Sup?

This chapter was tough because I had to try to write down their emotions and thoughts...

Do you think Melissa dies or survives??

(This is most defiantly NOT the end of the book) <- that should help give you ideas for what happens next

Okay so I'm gonna go right ahead and write the next chapter!!

Bye walkerbait