Chapter 6

P.S I've decided not to name my chapters Ben P.O.V etc. Onwards--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff P.O.V

You shouldn't have told him he slept like a cat. Now he probably thinks you're a creep. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I was mentally punishing myself for saying that when I heard the knock.  Ben turned to the sound. "Sit your elf butt down man. I'll get it." I said while grabbing my knife. He sat back down with a harrupfh. I opened the door and standing there was Jane holding Toby by his ear. 

"Can I g-go now?" he complained. "I-I have things to do, waffles to e-eat, people t-to annoy."

"No. I came by to see how he's doing, and you are here because you are being you." Jane remarked

"What's that s-supposed to m-mean? OW!"

"What happened?" I asked, glancing at Toby, who was rubbing his chest.

"My t-tic made m-me hit myself in the chest-t."

Jane rolled her eyes again. "Anyway, how is Ben?"

"He's fine." 

"Jeff, can I have my sandwich now? Oh hi guys!" Ben poked his head out and waved.

"You little turd. I told you to rest! Bye guys." I shut the door and ushered Ben back to his bed.

"Soooooooo, when can I have my sandwich?" he poked me.

"I'll be right back."

"That's what you said last time."

I poked his head. "Yeah, I know. I'll be right back." I left the room and walked downstairs to the kitchen, where Toby was eating waffles and X-Virus was counting. "What are you two idiots doing?"

X looked up. "We're trying to see how many waffles Toby can eat in a minute. 8............9.........10"

"Ok." I rolled my eyes. I then proceeded to make a turkey and cheese sandwich with chips and a glass of water. Walking back to my room, I heard two voices talking. I stopped to listen at the door. 

"Dark Link, I told you to stop teleporting through my computer! You glitch it up and make me lose my game progress." This was obviously Ben's voice.

"Whatever. Sonic.exe's prison is getting weaker-weaker-weaker. Thought you'd want to-to-to know that." A glitchy voice replied.

"Ok, thank you." 

There was a zapping noise and then silence. I took this as my cue to enter. Ben's head turned and his eyes lit up. "Is that food?" 

I laughed, which I haven't done since I last played a video game with Liu. That thought made me sad, but I pushed it away. "You sound like a puppy." 

He turned red again and crossed his arms. "First you say I sleep like a cat, now you're saying I act like a puppy. What's next? You laugh like a hyena?" I snickered and handed him the food. He scarfed it down as I went to go wash my hands. "Hey Jeff."

I poked my head out of the kitchen. "Uh-huh?"

"Thank you for rescuing me back there."

"No problem Benny." 

He squished his face. "No."

I walked over. "If you won't let me call you Benny, what can I call you?"

He made an exasperated noise. "My name, Ben."

"Tiny it is then."

"Fuck you."

"Yep."

_-_-_-_-__-__-_--_-__-_--__-_-_--__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-=_-=-_-"-=-__-=-=-*=-

Ben P.O.V

Jeff's a turd. He's pretty cool, but he is also kinda snarky. I yawned. "I'm gonna go back to bed. Goodnight." 

He waved. " G'night."

I curled up and feel into the dark arms of sleep.

-_=_-=-_=-_=-__=---___==-_=__-=-_=--_=-_-=_=-_-_-=__-==_

3rd person P.O.V

The smaller boy was crying in his sleep again. Jeff walked over, sat down next to him, and began petting his head again, a real smile tugging at his lips.

(No cliffhanger. Sadness. 586 words.)