*The Blind Banker: Part Six*

Chapter Sixteen: ... You Were Somehow Here Again

"Molly?" I called as I walked into the locker room of the hospital.
"Aspen?" She responded, then came in, her hair in a ponytail. As my bag hit the bench, I hugged her. "What's wrong?" She asked me.
"Nothing. Just wanted to come in today. Need to clear my mind of some things."
"Okay, well let's get something to eat." She advised, then walked me to the cafeteria.

"How's Sherlock?" She asked me, as we sat at a table.
"Okay." I said, staring at the table, and running my dream through my head.
"John?" She added.
"Same always." I said, not taking my eyes off the table.i couldn't find much comfort in this, so I looked at Molly.
"I'm sorry Molly, I have to go." I said, then walked away from the lonely table.
The gloomy overcast above me darkened as the day started coming to an end. I didn't want to go home, but I also didn't want to go back to the flat. I thought a place that could've been comforting: a cemetery. Maybe pay my dad a visit.
* * *
There were countless grey stones sticking up from the green-yellow grass. Under an aspen tree was where a small grave was. It reminded me of the stories John told me of my parents.
"My sister was proposed under an aspen tree. That's how they got your name. It was about two years after you were born, when she started going down and your dad killed himself."
Sitting cross-legged in front of the granite half-oval, I put on a mellow piano piece from my cell phone, and was silent, listening to the melodies. I didn't know him well, I will say, yet I feel like we spent an eternity together. Sometimes I also wish he hadn't fired the gun, how it would have affected me today.

"Dad... um well hey. I didn't really get the chance to know you, but I wish I could've. You sound like you were a good person. Mum is just... crazy. She's driven me over the edge. John was doing good, if you knew him. He tries to take care of me, to make up for how he abandoned me for two years." My eyes started getting blurry. " I wish you were here again. My heart can only be broken so much before its beyond repair. All of this can be a little overwhelming, too. School, and my "job" at the hospital, and that new guy in my class. He seems nice dad... I wish I could be friends with him, but I'm not the best at that. I've never spoken to you, but I-- I just wish you were here, and maybe all of this wouldn't have happened. I would've been whole. I would've been happy, most of all. I miss you dad. So does mum, but she won't say it, because she thinks it all her fault." I spoke, my voice getting softer until my last words were barely audible.

"Aspen?" I heard a soft voice call. Footsteps came to me, then sat next to me. I could tell who it was as they patted my back. "I knew you would come here, for some reason."
"Thanks Molly." I said, then started crying into her shoulder.
* * *