Chapter 2

Mystery narrowed his eyes as he growled at the ghost. The dog lowered his head and rose the lower portion of his body upwards, looking as if he were a tiger about to attack its prey. Lewis just merely stared at the dog, completely unaffected.

Mystery wasn't used to feeling the urge to attack Lewis. After all, he was one of his previous owners. He still would be if it weren't for the incident, even. But, for some reason, the deathly atmosphere Lewis gave off gave the dog a feeling that would arise within his stomach. A rather warm feeling that would spread to his chest and to the rest of his body.

A feeling he did not like.

"Oh, calm down, Mystery. I'm not trying to hurt YOU."

The dog tilted its head in confusion, eyes fixated on the figure before him. He didn't give out any vibrations in order to make any words. How...?

"It's called telepathy." The ghost replied, as if he read his mind. "Just an advantage you have when you're, you know, dead."

Mystery shook the confusion off as he narrowed his eyes, continuing to let out a low growl. Lewis just rolled his pink eyes.

"Growl all you would like, but that's not what I'm here for. There are more important matters to attend to than worrying about a dog."

Mystery bared his teeth as he tried to gather his thoughts. It was rather difficult for a dog to do, but he took a few seconds until he managed to think: "To kill Arthur!?"

Lewis gave the dog a look. "That'll come later. Right now, Arthur has a possession of mine that I'd like to have back."

Mystery blinked in confusion. Possession?

Before the dog could question it any further, Lewis suddenly walked through a nearby wall that led into Arthur's garage. The dog only had a few seconds to process what had happened before he ran into the direction that the garage was in, only to end up banging his head on a door that blocked him from entering it.

Mystery looked up at the door and felt a bit helpless. Oh, why couldn't he have thumbs!?

The dog ended up jumping on the door, which led him nowhere for a few minutes. He then stared to scratch it, which only resulted in having the sound echo through the house. The more the dog scratched, the more he felt the warm feeling spread through his body. It wasn't long before the dog felt himself start to bark, which was something he rarely ever did on normal occasions.

Immediately, the lights had flickered on as Arthur came running into the room. His hair was a complete mess, and there was a line of drool on the corner of his mouth. He looked around frantically before giving Mystery a worried look.

"What happened, boy? A robber? Murderer?"

Mystery shook his head before motioning to the door in front of him. Arthur gave it a hesitant look.

"N-No is behind it, right?"

Mystery only whined, placing a paw on the door. Arthur took a few steps before carefully opening it, flickering on the light inside the garage. What entered their sight was an empty room that held the van; nothing removed from its place.

Arthur gave Mystery a look.

The dog's eyes widened as he ran into the garage, sniffing every area he could. Arthur only shook his head.

"Mystery, you'd best get to sleep. And stop barking! My job starts in about 4 hours."

With that, Arthur then left the room and turned off all the lights while doing so. Mystery was still frantically sniffing around the room, trying to find Lewis. Where could he have gone!?