Chapter 4

"YAY! WE'RE HERE!"

Arthur cringed at Vivi's sudden exclamation as he rubbed his ringing ear. Mystery gave the woman a look as if she were mad, and she simply ignored it as she stared out the window to admire their surroundings. Arthur shook this off as he then turned the van into the entrance of the lake. What entered their sight was of a locked gate blocking their path. He turned to her.

"Vivi, you got the key, right?"

Vivi nodded as she rummaged through her handbag, only to end up spending about 2 or 3 minutes looking through it. When she did manage to find the key, she stepped out of the van as she used the it to unlock the gate, opening it so Arthur could come through. He gave her a nod before pulling in, parking somewhere in the empty lot.

Vivi locked the gates back up as she made sure to stuff the key back in her bag, jogging over to the van in excitement. She eyed her surroundings and ended up stopping just to look around.

It was quite late into the night and it just happened to have a beautiful full moon shining in the starry sky. The weather was colder than before, and fog could be seen on most of the ground of the lake. The ground was moist and multiple puddles were seen on the asphalt of the parking lot. Vivi could hear her footsteps echo from the miniature puddles she stepped in as she made her way to the van, still eying her surroundings with a smile.

Arthur turned off the ignition as he stepped out of the van, his own footsteps echoing from the puddles he stepped in. He looked at the ground in disgust before moaning.

"Why did I have to wear my new socks!?"

Vivi rolled her eyes. "Because you didn't plan very well. First you're missing a jacket and now you're ruining your socks. Arthur, I thought you said you were ready for this!"

"I didn't think there wouldn't be fog everywhere!" Arthur exclaimed as he motioned to their surroundings.

Vivi sighed, shaking her head. "Arthur, you're going to freeze to death. Take one of the jackets stuffed behind the driver's seat."

"Wait...we have jackets in there?" Arthur said, arching an eyebrow at her. She gave him a look.

"Well, yeah. Did you not know that?"

Arthur gave her a confused look, but just shook it off as he made his way back to the van. Opening the car door, he then looked behind his seat, reaching into the stuff held in the bag behind it. He felt a piece of clothing, and had pulled it out, only for his eyes to widen in surprise.

The jacket was larger than Arthur, but still looked very fitting to someone who was the specific size for it. Someone with broad shoulders would fit into it very well. The pockets were quite low, and the size seemed to be in a male's. But what threw Arthur off was the color of the jacket, with it having a specific tone of purple.

He felt himself sweat nervously.

This was Lewis' old jacket.

"Hey, Arthur! Did you get it yet?" Vivi asked from behind him, peeking into the van. Arthur snapped back into reality as he turned, giving the female a sheepish smile as he hid the jacket behind him.

"T-Turns out there wasn't one, V." He lied, stuttering.

She gave him a look. "Really? I could've sworn that there was at least one in there."

"Well, there isn't," Arthur said as he quickly threw the jacket aside as subtle as he could, stepping out of the van. "Guess I'm just going to have to freeze, right?"

"Guess you're going to have to use your own jacket," The female responded as she put her hands on her hip. "And by using, I mean actually zipping it up and using it like a real one."