Chapter 10 (ENDING)

"This is baaaaaad....."

Arthur paced around in his kitchen in distress. His hands were clutching at his hair and his body shook. Mystery was sitting on one of the chairs at the table and watching him. He had been doing this for the past couple of hours. Vivi hadn't shown up that day for school and she didn't return any of his calls. Her parents claimed to not have seen her from last night, and he couldn't find her anywhere! He checked everywhere he thought she could be.

How on Earth could she have disappeared overnight!? All he knew was that her father's motorcycle was missing. It could have only meant that she'd taken it somewhere. But where would she wanna go besides school and the library??? Especially at night!? It didn't make any sense!

Arthur ran over to his fridge and grabbed a tub of ice cream. Taking a seat next to Mystery, he started to pile scoops into his mouth. It was the only comfort food he had, and his stress was piling up by the second. If he didn't calm down now, he was sure to call the police and have them run a search party. And he was too anxious to talk to any authorities!

Swallowing down his last scoop, he set his spoon aside and laid his head down on the table. The brain freeze should come any minute now. Mystery whined and pawed at him. He just laid there and took it like the pile of trash he was. When he bothered to look up, Mystery nudged him towards the left.

Arthur glanced in that direction and noticed it was the door to the garage. He looked back and gave Mystery a look. The dog simply jumped out of his chair and clawed at the door. Arthur put the lid back on the tub of ice cream and set back in the fridge. He was prepared to listen to anything and anyone. Even if it meant following his own dog.

He opened the garage door and Mystery ran in. He headed towards the shelves of boxes Arthur had piled in there and started sniffing around. When he found one that he was searching for, he bit the top and dragged it out. Arthur walked over and checked was inside. The contents made his heart stop and the sweat start to pour from his forehead.

Lewis' belongings.

Truth was, he kept everything he could find of Lewis and hid it in his garage just to make sure Vivi wouldn't remember him. He couldn't remember how long they'd been in there, but it must have been awhile. An empty space was in the middle of the box, and around it was pictures and such. Something was missing. Too bad he didn't remember what it was...

He looked at Mystery. The dog kept looking back to the box, which meant that it had something to do with Lewis. He felt the panic return to him and his body shook again. Could he have taken her??? Or did Vivi suddenly remember about him and left??? May be he came last night and killed her!! O-Or maybe something else took her?

None of what he was thinking was good. Putting the shirt down, Arthur ran into the living room and grabbed the van's keys. He needed to find Vivi.

--

"Let me guess....you can fly?"

"Yes."

"Teleport?"

"Sort of."

"Walk through walls?"

"Yes."

"Communicate with other ghosts?"

"They never bother."

A giggle escaped Vivi's throat, and she nuzzled on his chest. Lewis brushed a strand of her hair out from her eyes. It took her awhile to get over what happened last night. Recollecting her memories must have made her grieve over his death again. He didn't think she would take the whole night to understand that he was there again and all that stuff really happened.