chapter thirty eight

Well, I've been gone for a while. I was having some bad realisations about my life and lost most of my motivation. But I'm feeling a bit better now, though don't expect the updates to follow a schedule. I've been trying to improve my own personal routine.

|||Schlatt POV|||

Being a president of a nation had its perks, sure. Having control over so many people was thrilling, in fact sometimes he would compare himself to an emperor. But Schlatt had a habit of seeking out power and there was only so much he could do in Manberg before it became mundane to him. Every day is just the same, there's no more thrill to it, there's not much more for him to gain here.

Schlatt is a power-thirsty man, he follows the ropes from one person to another, forcing them to their knees. There was satisfaction in overthrowing, overtaking and dismantling someone. He doesn't know why he was like this but Schlatt wasn't one to complain.

That's why when he first saw Technoblade and began to get that same sense of thrill, he sought it out. Only a few people have made him feel like that. Excited, that's what he'd call this feeling. Technoblade was a strong hybrid and the more Schlatt searched the more he uncovered. Secrets that peak his curiosity, and the added bonus of his family ties. Schlatt needed him for his connections. Technoblade wasn't the only person he wanted to control, there were people in his family that interested him also.

Schlatt hopes he'll be able to get that meeting with Wilbur, he was sure he would be able to manipulate him.

This was just another step forward in his life, Schlatt knew that he would get control, after all, he always did.

Schlatt's muses are abruptly interrupted as he hears knocking from his office door. A scowl forms on his face as he pops the cap off another bottle. He didn't have time to deal with this nonsense, but regardless he sighs and watches with ire as the door creaks open. Quackity nervously slips inside, eyes trained to the floor and shoulders slightly hunched.

Even Quackity had become boring to him, just another dull overused toy that was past its expiration. But Schlatt could never seem to shake him off, maybe because Quackity was desperate for any sort of love. His desperation for love was why Schlatt had bothered tricking and dating him to begin with, people do crazy things when they are seeking validation in a relationship.

"Whadda want?" Schlatt grumbles and takes a sip from the bottle, feeling the liquid pour down his throat. He had gotten used to the bitter taste and the burning sensation in his throat. In fact the foul feeling was something he craves almost daily.

"I was just coming to check in on you... you've been in here for a while now and-"

"I don't need any fucking pity, get out of here!" Schlatt stands up and hisses through clenched teeth. He didn't need some bastard to worry for him! He was powerful! He shouldn't be worried about he should be feared. The ire turns into amusement as Quackity flinches, backing into the door.

"I-I'm sorry I just- I know you don't want me to but I do worry about you. It's not pity, Schlatt! It's not... '' Quackity mumbles and pulls his beanie down, tugging and fidgeting with the fabric. Schlatt's mind burns almost more than his throat, he takes another gulp and considers throwing the bottle at him. Maybe some pain would teach him a lesson, he just groans and sits back down. There was no point, if he did that again Quackity would just go quiet and take it.

He wanted someone who would give him some excitement, someone who would fight back. Schlatt wouldn't toy with broken equipment.

"Get out, before I make you." Schlatt's eyes flash with hatred and Quackity simply nods, head lowered to the ground as he backs out of the room, gently closing the door behind him.