Gail Nash

(Sixteen year old Gail Presley Nash was in the popular group at Monrovia High School in Monrovia, California. It was fun because she fit in. She was a cheerleader and she did color guard. She was very outgoing, not shy at all. She loved shopping at the mall and also went to lots of concerts with her friends. She was a big Tim McGraw fan and when she went to one concert she got to meet him because she was in his fan club. She ended up crying, actually. So he came up to her and hugged her because she was that weird emotional girl. She's never been the type to party, and she never drank or did drugs or any of that. She was pretty much always at school every day until about 6 PM for cheer practice, and then every Saturday until noon for color guard. School was so important to her.

However, she did have a boyfriend

However, she did have a boyfriend. His name was Shaun Alexander. It was the classic high school romance. She was the cheerleader and he played football, baseball, and basketball. He was the total cool kid. In the yearbook, he won Most Popular and Most Handsome. And he was handsome! He was only 5'5 but he was muscular and worked out all the time and had curly strawberry blonde hair. They met at a McDonald's. He just walked right up to her car looking all cocky and asked right away if she wanted her number. And she did.

They spent a lot of time together

They spent a lot of time together. He used to either come watch her during cheerleading or call her right after practice. She watched him too. He was #3 in football, and that number was everywhere, even on his white pickup truck. They rode around on his motorcycle and his four-wheeler a lot, or just went to the movies. Neither of them worked, but they had each other. They were in their junior year, and their relationship was great.

One Friday night over summer break in late July 2006, he cooked her some chicken for dinner, and it made her throw up. She told him her period was late, so they thought she should take a pregnancy test. Finally, four positive results later, Gail realized that she was pregnant, and she just cried. And he cried. He was angry, and he left her.

Gail was perplexed to open her issue to her parents. She knew that she disappointed her parents. They were gonna be mad at her if they knew the news. They would never accept her or love her anymore. Gail first broke the news to her mom.)

Mrs. Nash: How can you be so stupid, Gail? I never expected this from you!

(Gail's parents were churchgoing Christians busy with their careers and church activities. They brought up their children teaching them Christian values. According to their faith, having a baby out of wedlock was sinful. Now how would they deal with Gail?)

Gail: I'm so sorry, Mom. I'm so sorry!

(She broke down and her mom took her to their doctor's office to get a proper pregnancy test done, hopeful that there was a mistake and she was not pregnant after all. But the doctor checked the test strip and said she was definitely pregnant, that there was no doubt. Gail was nine weeks pregnant. She had an ultrasound done that revealed she was pregnant with twins. Gail and her mom drove home silently. The silence was excruciating!

Finally, Gail's mom ordered her to go into her bedroom and they were going to have a talk.)

Mrs. Nash: First thing tomorrow, we are going to go back to the clinic to take care of this and then you are never leaving this house again! Do you understand me?! (Gail swallowed.)

Gail: The clinic?

Mrs. Nash: (angrily) Yeah.

Gail: (in tears) No, Mom. (She covered her stomach.) I can't give up on my babies.

Mrs. Nash: What? Then get out. Because I'm not tolerating this in my house. Either you give up those babies or you leave this house and never come back!

(Gail picked up her backpack in tears and stopped at the door.)

Gail: I never planned for this to happen. But that's not the babies' fault. I'm gonna love these babies. Even if that means I have to sleep on the street.

(She rushed out of the house in tears and settled in a homeless shelter next to Huntington Hospital. Nine months later, on April 17 2007, Gail went into labor. Luckily, Huntington Hospital took her in. After receiving an epidural, she flipped open a newspaper next to her, The Los Angeles Times. What caught her eye was an article about a new imaging machine from Elgen Inc being tested at Huntington Hospital that week starting yesterday April 16, the MEI. The Magnetic Electron Induction. A few hours later, she gave birth to her firstborn, a beautiful baby girl. Gail named her firstborn daughter Tara Gail Nash. Ten minutes later, she gave birth to another beautiful baby girl. She named this daughter Taylor Madison Nash, after her BFF. Tara and Taylor were both placed in incubators to be weighed when an electrical shock hurt them both. They cried in pain and started to emit a faint blue-green glow from their little bodies. It turns out that the MEI malfunctioned again! Gail was electrocuted by the MEI's waves and passed away, along with dozens of other babies born at that hospital. Taylor and Tara survived and were placed into an orphanage.)

(Taylor is in green and Tara is in purple

(Taylor is in green and Tara is in purple.)