The Twins Get Separated

(June 2nd, 2011. Taylor and Tara who were now four years old were playing with Barbie dolls. Tara is Mary-Kate and Taylor is Ashley.)

Taylor: They're sisters

Taylor: They're sisters. Just like us.
Tara: And sisters always stick together, right?
Taylor: Yeah!

(They giggled together as an orphanage worker interrupted with a nice lady and her eight year old daughter.)

Orphanage Worker: Tara, I'd like to introduce you to your new mom, Melissa Ziegler. This is her daughter, your new big sister Maddie. Melissa just adopted you.

(Melissa sighed and knelt down to talk to Tara.)

Melissa: Hello, Tara! It's nice to meet you. Are you ready to go to your new home?
Tara: Yeah!

(Melissa exhaled, took Tara's hand, and guided her and Maddie to the door.)

Tara: Come on, Taylor! Let's go!

(Taylor got up to go with them, but the orphanage worker stopped her and put her arms around her.)

Orphanage Worker: Oh I'm sorry, sweetheart. But only Tara got adopted.

(Tara stopped and looked back at Taylor.)

Tara: What? (She turned to Melissa.) I'm not leaving without her!
Taylor: (in tears) Yeah! You can't take my twin sister away from me. She's the only family I have left. Why can't we both get adopted?
Melissa: Well, I already have a birth daughter and I can only take care of one more. I'm sorry.
Tara: (to Melissa) Please don't make me go. (Melissa sighed.)
Melissa: Tara, we have to. I'm sorry. C'mon. Maddie's enrolled in dance at the Abby Lee Dance Company. I'll enroll you too.
Tara: Taylor, no matter what happens, we'll always be sisters. Okay? (Taylor nodded and shouted out to her sister as she left with Melissa and Maddie.)
Taylor: Tara! (Tara left and Taylor broke down crying in the orphanage worker's arms.) How come no one wants to adopt me?
Orphanage Worker: One day you'll have a family, sweetheart.

(With her sister Tara taken away from her, Taylor sat there in tears wondering if she'd ever find a family that wanted her. One day, the LA News did a report on the orphanage. A blonde LDS woman from Meridian, Idaho named Julie Ridley who worked at a travel agency saw this report on the news. She already had two older sons, but when she saw this little four year old girl named Taylor Nash being interviewed on the news, she knew that she was meant to be adopted to their family. Her and her husband, a police officer named Dean Charles Ridley prayed about it and decided to adopt Taylor. One month later, July 7, 2011, the Ridley family flew to LA. That day, Taylor's wish for getting adopted finally came true. The Ridley family arrived. The orphanage worker took them to Taylor.)

Chuck: Hi. You must be Taylor.
Julie: We are so excited to meet you!
Taylor: Thanks. You must be ... Chuck and Julie? (They chuckled.)
Julie: You can actually call us Mom and Dad.
Chuck: If that's okay with you?
Taylor: I would love that.

(Chuck and Julie took Taylor back to Meridian with them and sealed her in the Boise Idaho LDS Temple to their family.)