Part 2 - The Start

*(The Start of the Start)*

I'm Alison, by the way, a junior college student of legal age.  Back when I was a mere freshman, I was introduced to him by a classmate.  He was different, I was so sure.  He's one of those guys who are lucky enough to have the ultimate package of good looks, multiple talents and brains.  

Being the girl I'd been before, I adored him.  Who wouldn't, with such a beautiful face and all those perks that come along with Bryan?  He was, naturally, pursued by many girls.  It was then did I start fussing over how I looked, buying cosmetics to mask my insecurities, curling my hair, and even allowing my mom to finally deal with my bushy brows.  But I was never a match for my enemies with Bryan.

My classmate introduced us to each other in the grand auditorium of our university, in a movie screening by an alumni of our school.  I was at the end of our line of blockmates, and he started his block's line.  I was then that person I was before all these happened, unaware of how contorted her future would soon turn out.

 My classmate, a girl, who sat beside me, saw him and greeted him.  It turned out that they were batchmates from highschool.  I smiled at him as we were introduced, and I swear my eyes almost dropped on the floor.  Yeah, he was THAT handsome.

The movie screening went on for hours, but I was never bored.  We chatted away as the scenes crawled by, him making rude remarks about the movie, me too eagerly agreeing and adding to them.  I was feeling lightheaded with the pressure of talking to this incredible guy, but little did I know that was the moment he started liking me.

"You're something, aren't you?"  Brian suddenly said, out of the blue, as the movie was nearing its end.  

That caught me off guard.  "Huh?"  

He just smiled that beautiful smile and looked back at the screen.  And right then and there, I fell.

*(The Middle of the Start)*

After that movie screening, I became the most avid Bryan fan.  I'd pass his rooms inspite of the long way I'd have to walk to reach mine, just to catch a glimpse of him.  I viewed all his internet pages, and took note of all his favorites.  I even started reading Stephen King books he like, just to try to see the world from his point of view.  Indeed, I became that obsessed with him completely clueless I'm sort of stalking him.

At that time, I was feeling confident we'd end up together, since we've shared a moment together at that movie screening.  I admit I didn't try to approach him again since then, because I seriously thought he should be the one to approach me.  After all, he's the guy.

That stupidly hopeful thinking lasted for a few weeks, I think about three.  First, I thought of ways he'd try to propose to me.  But then, when he didn't even went near me again, I thought of reasons why he's supposedly putting off his proposal.  But as time passed by, I just thought of ways to comfort myself from the disappointment I set upon myself from expecting too much.

With the disappointment I'm feeling, I started going out a lot more.  I spent more time having fun with my friends.  I started warming up to my new school, to being classified as a college girl, to wrapping the fact around my head that I am to be a future architect.  My life suddenly became more interesting.  Bryan was soon pushed behind more important matters such as my plates and the nail color I should paint my nails with.

*(The End of the Start)*    

Then I saw him again in the mall.  I bumped into him, and he greeted me and even called me by my name.

It's falling in love all over again.  I was suddenly jerked back to that moment right there in the auditorium.  My ultimate goal was again brought to life - to win Brian.  And it's all because .. he remembered.

But with my new-found strength to seek him again, came the mob of what I like to call as the Brian Hunters.  I suddenly became aware of my competition, and should I mention there are hundreds of them.

He attracted girls from 1st to 5th years, despite our freshman status.  And lucky him, he attracted a few girls I can consider beautiful.  HRM and Tourism girls are my hardest competition, but there are occasionally girls from Engineering and Nursing who are also worth noting as competition.

I'm of average height, typical skin tone, straight (but oftentimes curled at the tips) hair, almond-shaped eyes, and long lashes.  I do not know how people classify me, whether unfit-to-be-called-human, average, pretty, beautiful, or drop-dead gorgeous.  I’m fine with anything, but, I'm hoping it's not the first.

And the Brian Hunters?  They're diverse in appearance, from extremely unfit-to-be-called-human to extremely drop-dead gorgeous.  And let's just imagine, although it’s hard, that I'm in the beautiful classification.  Even then, I'm still no match for some of them.

But your fight starts with your belief in yourself.  So what if they're better in appearance?  There is beauty in simplicity.  And still, I'm a deeper thinker, while they're mostly shallow.     

I learned from the past.  I started devising a way to "accidentally" let our paths cross again.  As days pass by, I became more and more absorbed in this plan, that is in turn becoming more and more intricate.  My time was spent planning, and just like that, he came.