Ah sure, I'm not as thick as i look

Later that evening the girls all decided to play some games on the tablet in Caiti's room, Annie had told me that Ted was watching the match if I wanted to see it, to which I said Deadly !
Ted was sitting in his favorite armchair and I was directly across from him in Annie's usual place, I noticed a mirror had been placed on the coffee table, probable the girls used it before the tablet came into action, then to my total shock Ted said, just like old times eh Bren? He looked towards Annie's armchair and smiled, you didn't think she wouldn't tell me did yis ? And tapped his finger on the mirror and said, I bet you've been dying to talk about a bit of football? I smiled and wrote absolutely Ted! That's grand he said, should be a good game !
It was great! Ted was great, Annie must have couched him as to what to do ( looking at the mirror after asking me something to see my reply ) and we had a great time, cursing and blinding at the decisions against our team and singing the praises of the goal scorers and the keeper for saving a peno! Fuckin best signing we made in years Ted said! Absolutely I wrote again, worth at least 10 points extra each season ! Defo said Ted , it was exactly what I had needed, as the game ended Ted asked me, will I leave the Telly on for you? No thanks Ted I wrote, I'll head up to the girls, before Caiti goes to sleep, ah right he said, that's grand, as he turned, he stopped and said, listen Brendan, I know it's shite for you, but we will look after her, we'll always look after her, I instinctively moved towards him and hugged him! Oh Jeysus that's weird he cried ! And then began to laugh and said , isn't life amazing, you think you've seen it all and then That ! We both laughed and he said, goodnight Brendan, and I'm here if you fancy a chat anytime . Thanks Ted I wrote goodnight to you too !