Chapter 16.

Chapter 16 ━━ Mountain People

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

According to Aris's estimation, there are a total of five guards with the one minus the one Aris is going to rob. Aris is already on the way to his target, while Chris and Katherine are still in their hiding place, waiting for their signal. 

Katherine begins to lose the upper buttons of her blouse and messes her hair. 

Chris looks at her with wide eyes. "Woah. Woaah. What are you doing?" 

"We're going to do this the old fashioned way." She replies. 

"What? You're gonna seduce them?" 

"Not exactly. We're gonna distract them first. Or they'll shoot us in the scalp before we get to them." She explains and shuffles through his curls, messing them up. 

"Alright. Let's get it done." Chris says. 

"We're going to do something bad and don't take this personally." Katherine announces. 

"I'll consider." Chris smirks and with that Katherine runs towards the guards. 

"Help! Somebody help!" She cries out, gaining the attention of the guards to them. "Help!" 

As expected, the guards quickly move, holding guns at her, ready to fire. 

"Help me! He tried to rape me." She sobs fakely as she approaches them and the guards immediately lower their weapons. 

"Who? Are you okay?" 

She shakes her head, keeping her act like an innocent girl. "I'm scared. Please help!" 

Then Chris moves out of the box, showing himself with a psychotic smirk, acting his part of the drama. 

She fake gasps and hides behind the guards to keep the act. "He's the guy." 

"Hands up." A guard says, pointing his gun at Chris. 

Chris holds his hands in the air in defense. His psychotic smirk is yet to fade. "Geez, man. I was just trying to have some fun." 

"Don't shoot him or Janson will skin us alive." Another guard tells. 

A shriek fills in the air, giving the two twins the signal that Aris has accomplished his part and in the momentum of time, Katherine swings an arm out and slams it into a guard's shin. The man leapt onto his other foot, then fell, crashing to the ground with his own yelp, a shriek that was half surprise, half hurt. 

She then manages to grab his weapon and shoot the other guards down one by one. 

That is when she notices that the guards are on the floor, not dead, but shaking due to the electrical force from the gunfire.