56 - Contract

Just a fraction of a second later, before the first explosion of flames disappeared, a second explosion occurred near the same spot, with Noah appearing between the flames holding a simple metal cage.

Maggy momentarily forgot what she was going to say to Noah because of what she saw inside the cage. Inside, looking around with a frightened expression was a small white mouse with eyes that strangely glowed green.

This little mouse might have been strange for many people, but not for her. Since she spent her days in the hospital room with nothing but her cellphone for entertainment, Maggy had nothing better to do than watch MyTube videos in her excessive free time, which of course contained several videos about people who bought pet monsters and showed what it was like to take care of a little monster like this.

What most caught Maggy's attention in these little monsters was the strange way of taking care of them, since they didn't even need a bed or anything like that. When signing a contract with a monster, the owner of that monster could send it to another dimension and just summon it back from there when they felt like it.

Seeing Noah, who always had a worried expression on his face despite the smiles he continued to give his sister, this time Maggy could see through his features that other than worry, he also showed expectation.

It had been a long time since she had seen her brother acting like this, and she couldn't help from feeling more relaxed when she saw that her brother still had feelings in him other than worry.

'I always blamed myself a lot for making him feel worried about me all the time. It's so good to know that he can still feel happy, excited, and everything else behind the neutral mask he puts on for other people,' Maggy thought with a warm heart.

Looking again at the mouse that was turning its head from side to side inside the cage, wondering where it suddenly was, Maggy asked, "What is that little mouse with the bright eyes for?"

Noah, hearing her question, smiled even bigger, and unbeknownst to him, the anticipation he had of seeing her happiness was even more apparent through his face. "This is the surprise I prepared for you."

Maggy, despite being very young, had already guessed that was the reason, but when he confirmed it to her with his response, she felt excited and then soon even more excited about what was happening.

The hospital itself did not ban pet monsters, but there was only one condition: they only accepted monsters that were already pets. Monsters without contracts were barred from entering the hospital because of the potential danger they could cause to other patients, so Noah had to find another way to get the mouse into Maggy's room.

After the contract was signed, the doctors could no longer complain and would only be able to accept Maggy with her monster; as contracted monsters became more docile, they no longer caused danger to other patients.

As he watched Maggy interact with the mouse, Noah mentally thought, 'Can I make a contract for someone else?'

At that, a familiar black window appeared floating in front of him.

[Contracts are only limited by the user's imagination. However, as the user has not yet received the ability to make contracts, the user only has one contract for himself and a single contract for third parties as a free sample. In order to be able to make other contracts after this, the user will have to use his own skill set when making contracts.]