148 - Prophecy

"So... why did you want to find me?" Noah asked, a little uncertain.

Hearing Noah's question, the man showed a surprised expression before understanding reached him. "Yes! I'm glad you reminded me, I was already forgetting. As I said earlier, Apollo and Lucifer have had a stable friendship for a long time, thousands and thousands of years. And being the god of prophecy, their friendship ended up generatinga prophecy for my lord."

Hearing this, Noah tried to understand where this conversation was going.

"In one of Apollo's prophecies, Lucifer would need his help a lot someday, when there was something called 'The Great Battle', which unfortunately I don't have much detail about. Apollo felt that this would be the moment that Lucifer would need help. But even after the end of the great battle, the prophecy was still active, which meant that the moment had not yet come, until recently one of our oracles had a prophecy that said the time for something ancient was approaching. And the only thing that could relate to that would be the prophecy about Lucifer," the priest said with a serious expression for the first time since he started talking to Noah.

In a world where gods really existed and blessed humans, it was no longer surprising to hear of such abilities as to make prophecies, or see the future, so Noah didn't doubt what the man was saying, because the way they met, how much the man knew about Lucifer, and the way they located him, it couldn't be just a coincidence. And to confirm what Noah was thinking, the man explained what they did.

"The oracles who made the prophecy said that a trace of Lucifer would be in Eyrin. So I was dispatched directly by the high priest, along with my personal disciple to this city to find you and give you a message transmitted directly by the God Apollo," the man said, still keeping his expression serious. "[As much as the world may seem to be heading for what you want, everything can go astray at any moment with the emergence of an enemy more powerful than you alone can handle. Gather as much strength in time as you have available, because the moment for you to be summoned is approaching.]"

Noah looked at the man with his face, leaving behind the emotionless expression he conveyed before, now adopting a thoughtful attitude. But inside he was thinking glumly. 'Damn, saying something like that and saying nothing is not much different. I am already doing my best to gather as much strength as possible with the best growth rate I can imagine. And already Lucifer's System has told me a long time ago that in the future I will fight for something bigger, that what I have now is probably just a small drop in the big ocean... At least he confirmed for me that something bigger is truly happening.'

Of course, Noah just kept those thoughts to himself and thanked the Blessed Rank B in front of him out loud, "Thank you very much for the council. This aligns perfectly with the plans I'm already having. I will probably just have to speed up a few more things." He tried to use the most apparent words that he had heard from the advice, but he knew it was difficult to keep evolving so fast unless he invaded Fortresses every day. But if he did that, the other projects he was developing in parallel could be delayed, and that in the long run would not be so advantageous. This would be in addition to attracting some unnecessary attention to himself, especially now that he needed a little more time for the imps to develop.

The man was apparently pleased with Noah's response and the attitude he had, and gave Noah a final smile before exiting the restaurant. Leon gave a little nod before following the man out, leaving only Noah alone, which strangely made the other people around him immediately notice him sitting there.

This raised some doubts for Noah, who to indulge himself, called that friendly waitress who had treated him with the same respect and politeness that she had previously because he was Rank D. "Excuse me, did you happen to notice the two gentlemen who accompanied me?" Noah asked.