157 - On Fire

Noah realized that the Blessed Ones were looking at him among the imps, and he decided to do one last test for these people, to see who it would be worth to save or not.

Through the mental link he had, Noah ordered the imps to quickly try to attack him.

This was Noah's first order that the imps ever wondered whether they should obey or not, since not only by the contract and knowing that Noah was Lucifer's Descendant, and especially after seeing Noah's wings, the respect of the imps was on a level toward Noah that treated him as their absolute God.

But Noah reinforced his mental command and caused the imps to start attacking him, even though against their will.

The thirteen imps came together to try to attack Noah, but without using any skills. They were just attacking him with physical strength, sometimes making a cut on him, other times giving a very strong punch, to try to give the humans the best impression that he was in an uphill battle.

And instead of the group going to help him, as was expected of someone who was already a teammate, Thomas took the opportunity to speak. "Do you see people? This is what happens when you separate from the group. Now he will just die to the monsters without being able to fight back. What a pity; if he had contributed to us and he hadn't been so stupid as to touch a burning monster, maybe he could have survived this Fortress."

Hearing what Thomas said, most of the Blessed just nodded and looked at Noah as if he was getting what he deserved after screwing up the group and didn't even lift a finger to try to help.

But there was a minority: three people who were really concerned about Noah. Incredibly, Amber was not the only one, but there were also a couple of older Blessed Ones who cared about Noah.

While Amber was concerned about Noah for knowing that he was not a bad person, and that he was not truly corrupted by the power he received, the couple of older Blessed had a different reason. They had a son about Noah's age who was still in Rank F, almost reaching Rank E. They wondered if their son were to go through a situation like that in a Fortress, what they would want to happen, what they would expect the other Blessed to do in the Fortress to help him, and the answer was clear: They would definitely want someone to help their son so that the boy would not die just because of something minimal he had done wrong, just like Noah.

Then, to the amazement of the main group of Blessed, three people left their formation and ran towards Noah to try to help him deal with the imps.

Noah always paid attention from the corner of his eye toward the group of humans and when the three people left the group to come and help him, his heart was truly warmed. He thought that only Amber would stand out to come and help him, but he did not expect there would be a couple more Blessed to come and help him.

Then, having confirmed that no one else in the group was willing to come and help him, Noah ordered the imps to stop attacking him, causing all the humans to be surprised.

They were seeing that Noah was having a life and death battle with those monsters, which although they hadn't seen them before, seemed to fit in very well with this Fortress, which made them assume that the monsters came from one of these lava pools.

But when the monsters stopped attacking Noah and stood beside him in a straight formation, just like an army, they couldn't help but slow down a bit and wonder what was going on.

Noah, who had several injuries to his body, suddenly opened a warm smile on his face, a smile that none of them had seen yet, but that was certainly as charming as one might expect when it came from a young man as handsome as Noah.