142 - Possibilities

"What if I said I can give that power to anyone?" Noah asked the two of them as he opened his palm while a pentagram appeared on the floor, from which a small red imp started to come out of it like a portal and appeared standing between Noah and the other two.

Seeing that "red goblin" emerge from a strange pentagram, Carlos' first reaction was to step back and draw a pistol to aim at the "monster". After all, he did not have a Blessing to protect himself, and as he came from a wealthy family, of course he had a gun.

Patrick, on the other hand, was a little shocked and just retreated behind Carlos, since his Blessing would not help anything in this battle.

But strangely for both of them, the little imp just turned to Noah as he stared at him expectantly for a command.

Mentally Noah ordered the imp to turn to the two frightened young men and wave his arm, just as a human would.

When the two saw the little imp waving at them, Carlos frowned as he tried to understand what was going on, while Patrick just waved back with a little uncertainty.

Noah laughed at Patrick's reaction and started to explain. "My Blessing has evolved to allow me to summon these imps. Basically these little imps obey any command I give them, and the strength they carry is nothing to be overlooked," Noah said as he ordered the imp to run away at full speed, which made the other two look quite stunned.

"Damn, that must be very practical. A living being that obeys any order, in addition to being able to be controlled by you to be summoned or returned to his own world, would definitely fit in with what I would need desire to protect myself," Carlos said thoughtfully as he holstered the pistol.

Patrick also gave his contribution. "If I could command a monster so agile like that in a Fortress and its strength was not low, I could probably move up to Rank E as a summoner without difficulty, and salary of the Blessed Rank E would be more than enough for me to buy a home and live a comfortable life… Congratulations, Noah."

Hearing what they both said, Noah noticed that they still didn't realize where he was going with this, so, expending a little more of his energy, Noah raised his hands again while four more pentagrams appeared on the floor, which made Carlos and Patrick look at each other with shock after seeing 4 imps appear exactly like the first one who was returning back at Noah's command.

"With so many... eh... imps... maybe you wouldn't even need teammates to break into Rank E Fortresses. You could do it all yourself!" Patrick said excitedly about the possibility.

Carlos started to understand what Noah was trying to demonstrate, and tried to formulate what he understood back to Noah. "Didn't you comment about you being able to give that power to other people?... In which case, would you be using these... um, imps...?"

Noah knew Carlos was smart, with a smile he started to explain in detail what he had planned. "Yes, the imps would be how I would do this. Currently I can summon 15 imps in total. I plan to use 3 for myself, and I hope you test these imps on a daily basis: Carlos in the real world, while Patrick tests inside a Rank F Fortress to see how it will perform. As for the other 10 imps, I thought of setting up something like a rental. The person will come to me and we will make an X hour contract where the person can command the Imp and will have responsibility for him. Regardless of whether they die or not, the person will still have to pay all hours of the deal. After time runs out, the contract will disappear and the imp will return for another pentagram on the ground, regardless of if they were in battle or not."

Hearing what Noah said, Patrick was delighted to be able to control such a powerful "monster", while Carlos was amazed at the possibilities. Hundreds of questions arose in both of their minds, but Carlos took the opportunity to ask what else was puzzling him.