Mirror of Erised and Fluffy

A/N: Thank you very much to marga_78336 and harrypotter120909 for the follows <3

Hailey was dreading what she had to do next, she knew it would be totally fine in the end once she explained to her parents she didn't actually go looking for the troll. 

McGonagall had kept her promise and immediately owled her parents. Their reply came in shortly after since it was a Friday the next day, they wanted to meet with Hailey after classes and take her home for the weekend. Hailey was just about to knock on the headmaster's office door.

"Come in," he said. Hailey still hadn't figured out how Dumbledore always knew before she was even able to knock.

She walked inside with her satchel. Her dad was seated in front of Dumbledore. Dumbledore looked at Hailey with his ever twinkling eyes and offered her a lemon drop. 

"No thank you," Hailey politely declined. 

"Thank you, Albus, I think it's best we get going. Let's go Hailey." her dad said. He looked angry. Hailey would have thought that it was her mother she should ever be worried about being in trouble within her past life but she knew whatever her dad did in his day didn't matter, he was extremely overprotective of Hailey and she usually loved it but today was not the day.

They used the fireplace in Dumbledore's office and flooed back home. As soon as they got home, Hailey was pulled into a tight hug by her Mum. 

"Are you okay?! Fighting a troll! I don't know what you were thinking!" She scolded after making sure Hailey was alright.

"Mum! Yes, I'm okay, and will you please let me explain?" she tried.

"Go on, tell us how you defeated the troll. You did "defeat the dark lord" after all" her dad interjected sarcastically.

"I'm extremely hurt that you would even believe such a thing," Hailey said feigning hurt.

"I wouldn't have if I wasn't told by the Headmaster that you admitted to doing such a thing, Hailey," James said in a tone that made Hailey cringe.

"Dad, that's not what happened but you can't tell Mrs. Weasley. Ron said some mean things to Mason and Mason ran off to the library. I followed him and sat there with him because he was crying and thought that I was his friend out of pity. I couldn't say that to McGonagall and get Ron in trouble and reveal to everybody that Mason was crying. He would be so embarrassed!" Hailey explained.

"You could have stayed inside the Library" Lily interjected.

"That's what I suggested! But everybody wanted to head up to the dormitories. I couldn't let them go alone because not to be cocky or anything but we all know who had a better chance of fighting the troll if we did cross it." Hailey further explained.

"I don't get why it's always you who accidentally ends up in dangerous situations like this since you were one!" James said.

"Dad, trouble usually finds me. You know it wasn't my fault" Hailey said a little cockily.

Her dad swallowed a chuckle at the joke and thought for a minute. It seemed that Hailey was telling the truth and it really wasn't her fault but he really didn't want to be scared out of his wits like that EVER again. When he had gotten the letter saying that Hailey had fought a troll, they were so worried and scared. They had to protect Hailey, she may be a brilliant child but she was only 11.

"Alright, we let it slide this ONE time but if you do something like this EVER again. I promise you, it will be a long time before you see your broom." James said.