46~ Heartful Talk Under Sky

Chapter-46 :

"What are you talking about?" I stood still and whispered in disbelief.

"Let us be friends, Austin." She said it casually, which made my heart skip a beat and my body freeze in shock.

Is Hothead a real thing?

"Did you lose your mind?" I responded after analysing what she had said.

"And do you lose your hearing ability?" She gave me a quizzical look.

Something sparked in my mind, and a smirk formed on my lips. "It aa ppears you are so desperate to extract my personal information that you have even begun to use your forbidden words!" My smirk deepened, and she gave me a cocky glare.

"You have been begging to befriend me for ages, and when I decided to give it a shot, you did not seem interested. Alright! I retract my words."

"No!" I retorted with a shriek. "Why do you say that?" I freaked out. "I was just kidding around." I smiled sheepishly, and she gave me a serious look that caused my lips to drop abruptly.

"Were you saying something else a few minutes ago?" I pretended to laugh at her question.

"It was only a joke, you know! Why would someone turn down the golden opportunity to be friends with ho--?" I paused in mid-sentence, swallowing my words with widened eyes.

I smiled as I looked at her two scrutinising heterochromatic eyes. "I mean being friends with ha-haughty yet adorable Lydia," I explained, and her expression softened.

Why does my tongue always betray me?

What if she knows I call her 'hot head'?

That will be my final day on Earth!

"So, we cannot be friends without shaking hands. Shall we?" I offered my right hand.

She wiggled her eyes between my face and my hand for a few seconds before smiling and nodding her head. Her tiny right hand slowly approached my large hand, which I gently engulfed. We soon shook hands, grinning at one another.

Watching her full smile made my heart flutter with joy, and realising I was the reason for it made every cell in my body jump in excitement.

"Austin! Stop it now!" Her smile faded into a frown, and I watched her, dumbfounded.

When I signalled our hands, I realised I was still shaking her hand, so I dropped it with a shy smile.

"So--"

"It still feels surreal that you decided to trust others and accept their friendship."

"Wrong use of words. It is not people and them, but one and you."

"Oh! What makes me so special? "You do not even know me completely." I put on a dramatic expression.

"I have known you long enough to trust you; do you have a praise kink or what?" She hissed suddenly.

"Even if I did, you are not going to satisfy me, right?" I rolled my eyes while she shook her head.