88~ Unlocked Forever

Chapter-88 :

"I can not believe you are getting married before me, mate!" Max held out my wedding suit's overcoat, and I slipped my arms inside, adjusting it to fit my chest.

"Do not worry, mate! You are in line after me." I chuckled as I checked myself in the mirror.

I wore a three-piece baby blue suit with a white dress shirt underneath, the overall outfit fitting my tall and lithe figure, and paired it with a white satin necktie, pocket square, and black leather shoes. I changed my appearance for the big day by getting a haircut, styling my hair with gel, and trimming my beard to look more presentable than my usual rugged look.

"Look at my brother all dressed up like a handsome groom, Mom!" Soph cheered as she walked into the room.

"My son has grown up to be an attractive groom; Lydia is one lucky lady." Mom ruffled my hair, and I smiled at her.

I was grateful to Alice and Soph for supporting my decision to marry in London rather than Birmingham, my hometown. They arrived yesterday and actively participated in the wedding preparations.

"Thanks, Mom, but I am the luckiest of both of us." I was so happy that my cheeks hurt.

My heart was racing with pure joy because the day I had been waiting for had finally arrived, and it felt surreal. This was the happiest day in my life since I was knocked out by distress seven years ago.

"You two are made for each other," Rob muttered behind me.

"It was destined." I chirped, my voice heavy with contentment.

"Now, if you stop being mesmerised by your relationship with Lydia, we can leave for the venue." Max smacked my arm, and I nodded.

We rented a few suites in a luxury hotel near the beach so that we could get there easily, and I hope Lydia and I cross paths because she and her acquaintances were only a few rooms away. The evening we talked about love was the last time I saw her, and I could not contain my excitement to watch her in her wedding dress as my bride.

When we were about to leave the suite, I stopped in my tracks and remembered something important.

"Max! Where is the boutonniere that I asked you to fetch?" I inquired.

"Oops! I forgot to hand it over to you." He opened one of the wardrobes and approached me, holding a small plastic box.

"Here!" He extended it to me, and I grabbed it, attaching it to the buttonhole on my suit's lapel.

My boutonniere was made of an ivory ranunculus tied together with baby breath, eucalyptus, and fern greenery. I chose a ranunculus to coordinate with Lydia's bridal bouquet, which featured that flower as its main component. We became acquainted with each other's accessories after shopping for wedding-related items together.

"That completes the look, brother." Soph creaked with excitement, and I responded with a 'thanks'.

When we arrived at the hotel's exit, I noticed Blake and Kat hopping inside a flower-decorated car, and I was sure Lydia had already entered.

Damn! I could have arrived a minute earlier to witness my bride before she entered the altar!

We followed them into the car after they left and drove for twenty minutes to the beach. We stayed in the groom's dressing room while Max went out to perform his best man duties and check on the priest's arrival.

Argh! Why doesn't the ceremony begin yet? I am ecstatic to catch a glimpse of my bride!

Max returned with a smile on his face. "The priest has arrived and is asking for the groom."