Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Ridge Chillman

IS IT POSSIBLE that the universe knows secretly what your heart's desire?

After seeing Selene in an old coffee shop yesterday, he can never get her off his mind. Ridge immediately head home after finishing his coffee and pastry and he totally forgot about buying grocery supplies and something to eat.

He was also disappointed because he never got to prevent Selene from living and the woman was still obviously awkward to him. Who wouldn't be? Meeting you ex after how many years isn't a lifestyle and it can happen once in a blue moon in time you never expected.

Back in high school, Selene is an independent and strong woman. She's sure of what she wants and she'll strive to have it, by hook or by crook. Selene always believes that success is sweeter if you work hard for it.

Today, Ridge can still see that fierceness in her eyes that screams she's not just a woman and not a damsel in distress. He had a crush on Selene on seventh grade and he can hear some boys who have the same feeling he had for Selene but they were too intimidated by her individualism.

You see, there are women who was used to independency and men may think they don't need a man in their life that's why they stay away from them. But if a man would try and learn for their trust, they will slowly open up and men would find out how amazing the mindset of independent women might be.

Ridge threw his fears and doubts and asks Selene for a date and after multiple times of asking, she agreed and later on they become official. And during of years they were together, it was amazing, full of adventures and maturity.

It was a high school romance, but it is love because Selene is more than just a heartbeat and Ridge is more than just a teenager.

When Ridge got home, Vincent and his cousins ask him where the foods they requested are. Surprised, Ridge blinked and he remembered his sole reason why did he go out and he forgot those, by seeing Selene within just a minute.

In order for Vincent not to throw a tantrum, he promised him to buy him something today and Vincent insisted he wanted to come.

Ridge who wasn't able to sleep well because Selene's face wouldn't leave his mind, forced himself to get up, eat breakfast; a French toast, scramble egg and vegetable salad prepared by his Mom and son.

Vincent ate his breakfast well because Bernadette reminds him that breakfast is the most important meal of today and it affects the person's function for the whole day. According to his late wife, it's alright to skip lunch or dinner but skipping breakfast is another story.

Vincent, as a three year old kid, has some kind of photographic memory and sometimes, he's the one who reminds him about a certain memory they had with Bernadette.

When they played Frisbee, Vincent would say 'we played Frisbee during our family day at school, right, Daddy? Mommy was laughing hard and we're very happy.'

Or when Ridge cook for his Mom and son when they're still in New York, Vincent suddenly blurt out about pasta as Bernadette's favorite food.

To have someone to remind him is a good thing for Ridge because it seems like the pain and loss from his wife's death is the only one that lingers and stays and he almost forgot all of the small details that makes up the big picture in life.

Vincent was there to remind him that the past matters, so as the present and the future.

After eating, Elise Chillman presented herself to wash the dishes and organized the table. She was pushing them to go to the groceries early in the morning and when Ridge was about to asks her mother if there's an open grocery store at this hour, Elise Chillman showed him a coupon and taught him the direction going there.