Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Ridge Chillman

REMORSEFUL WITH HIS actions, Ridge wanted to chase Selene and apologized for what he did but he just stood there, staring while she walked away, just like what he did in the past.

Ridge can't understand why he grabbed her hand. There's something inside him who sent a command and his whole being agreed and he didn't think twice. He won't deny, it felt great feeling her hands against him. It felt so right. Her palm was soft and cold and he sensed that he was nervous, uncomfortable or upset.

Selene's body language never changed... and he missed it.

Yet, it was wrong. Selene didn't mention about having a relationship with someone but who knows? And the only thing she agreed on their dinner it's because it wasn't planned.

Ridge paid thirty dollar for two bottles of liquor, curls and pizza. They just had their dinner but they will drive in a long way and a tendency of getting hungry is bigger. Ridge wanted to know more what happened to Selene's life in the past years. She's sharing but she's holding back, like she reserved her life story to the one who's ready or deserving to hear it. Ridge was both of it.

"Thanks..." The bagger lends her the recycled plastic bags with the stuff he bought. The bagger and cashier just smiled at her. There shift will end soon and they will able to go home. Ridge noticed the tiredness in their eyes, for sitting all day, punching and packing things. No tiredness can defeat love in the family.

Ridge put the recycled bag in the back of the truck and climbs to the driver's seat. Selene startled when she heard the creaking door in the driver side. She straightened in her seat.

"I'm sorry..." Ridge put on a seatbelt and faced Selene. She looks puzzled. "For what?"

"I shouldn't have done that... I mean grabbing your hand to see your reaction and make fun of you... I'm really sorry."

Selene pouted and it was obvious that she's not angry with him. Ridge was relieved.

"Just don't do it again."

He nodded. "I want you to be comfortable with me, Selene." He wanted to be her friend and a shoulder to lean on.

"I'm getting uncomfortable with that, Ridge."

"Fine, then..."

He turned on the engine, move the steering wheel and the car started to move forward. "What! Where are we going?"

"Just enjoy the ride. You'll know later."

"Are you planning to murder me or what? Are you a serial killer in the movies or books?"

"I'm the most handsome serial killer and murderer if it's true." Ridge grinned.

"Well, you can't blame. This is the most used tactic of serial killers. Befriending their victims, offering them a ride somewhere and when they got their trust, they would bring them to faraway place then chopped their bodies of then put it in the river or bury them. After days, they will proceed to their own victims."

Selene was an enthusiast. She would focus of interest with all her heart and absorb all the good things. She leaves a piece of her soul in everything she does. The story about serial killer tactics can is weird but when Selene was the one who's telling it, Ridge felt like they are true and existing somehow because Selene put on her whole heart in telling the story itself.

"Trust me, before I can do that to you, I was already murdered by your family and that will leave Vincent orphan so I won't do something like that."