Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Ridge Chillman

SATURDAY

RIDGE HAD a good dream that leave him smiling and assured that morning. He dreamt of Bernadette. They were in the middle of field full of flowers and vines, the butterflies are happily flying around hopping from one flower to another, birds are chirping in the trees, and the sky is blue just like the sky when the three of them have a vacation in a beach resort in New York. They were barefooted and Ridge can feel the grass beneath their feet.

His eyes turned misty as the image of Bernadette walking towards him. Ridge know it was a dream and if he's still the same Ridge last year, he would have begged Bernadette to come back or he will choose to stay in this place with his wife.

Things are far different from a year ago. Ridge has his mother, that he know will be devastated when he would be gone, Vincent Jones, his son who looks up to him without knowing he charmed Ridge and inspired him to become a better version of him compared before, and Selene...

Ridge knows the first time he saw Selene was the moment he accepted her already moved on and since then, he would look up for the future rather than to look back in the past.

In his dream, Bernadette was healthy and alive again. Her hair grows back to the usual length, he cheeks possess the natural pinkish look, her smile reach her eyes that tells him she's happy wherever she is.

"Long time no see, Ridge." Bernadette caressed his face and Ridge closed his eyes, feeling the warmth f her touch, contradicting when he last felt it when she's alive.

"I miss you so much... I'll always miss you."

Bernadette smiled. "I know that... and I feel the same way too. You have no idea how happy you made me feel in the years we were together, and when Vincent came, everything was so perfect."

"Forgive me, Bernadette. For not being there when you had your last breath... I'm sorry." He should have been there. No matter how much it hurts... he made that promise... it is a vow.

"Shhh... I did that on purpose. I don't want you to be haunted by my death. I know you'll be hurt but our son will give you strength and I'm hoping you'll fall in love again in the future... and I don't want any other woman, except than her."

His brows furrowed. "Selene?"

"When you told me about her, I see the twinkle in your eyes, the love in your voice and the longing, but I'm not jealous or whatsoever. I feel thankful because he taught you how to love right at the very young age. I know there will be a second chance for the both of you because God and the universe won't let a great love story end that way."

"I love her, I never stopped loving her, even when I have you." That doesn't mean Ridge didn't love Bernadette at all of he loves Selene more that he loves his wife. Selene would always be special to him; she became part of his life and his dreams.

"First love never dies, Ridge. That maybe sound cliché but it's true. We may love and linked with everyone on this planet but no one can bury the feeling of giving and receiving love the first time in our life. I know you're hesitant too, because you're thinking about me, and I can't fly higher because of that. You still love me, Ridge. You can't unloved the mother of your child because she's gone. I'm always here..." Bernadette pointed on his chest. "And you'll always be here too. I believe were meant to be, Ridge. No one was mean to meant if the world won't let them end up together. It's just that our forever was that long enough, but we make the most out of it, right? Vincent is the living reminder of that."

"I love you so much, Bernadette. Thank you for coming into my life and for letting me be part of yours. I'll always remember this dream, knowing you're happy... I'm setting you free not because I know this is the best for the both of us."