Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Selene Adams

THAT MORNING, AFTER Selene went to Ridge house and know he flew to New York, she cried and she can't help but to blame herself. If Ridge decided to give up on her and move on with his life in Baylis with his mother and son, no one would be greatly blamed but herself.

Elise Chillman and Vincent tried to calm her down and when she did, Elise leaves her to Vincent and makes her a hot cocoa for the morning drink.

Shyan and her Dad was not awake when she decided to sneak in Ridge house to talk to him and tell him she's still afraid but his letter, from the past and until now, gives her strength and bravery. Last night, after talking to her Mom, she finally let Eli go and even she didn't see his or her face, she dreamed of a child's face smiling at her almost hiding in the bunch of clouds.

A white balloon comes into their direction and when she looks back on the child's face, it was slowly disappearing while waiving its hands towards her. Selene knows her child is ready in peace and for her, she can still find happiness with Ridge, Vincent and their future child someday.

"Miss Selene, are you already fine? I'm glad you stop crying because I wanted to cry earlier too. Daddy would comeback after his meeting, buying my chocolates that he promised me and visiting Mom's grave. He also said we can travel back there when I was older. I wonder when it will be. I'm still young, Miss Selene?" Vincent was pouting while telling her those words.

One thing about children is their innocence and it was contagious. They can spent their days playing and appreciating life without worrying the future and living inside their heads.

"I'm fine now, Vincent." She held his tiny hand. "I'm sorry if Miss Selene acts that way earlier to the point of not scaring you. For your question, yes, you're still young. You are a cute three year old boy but so lovable and you have a mature mindset. Your Mom and Dad is proud of you for sure. Even me..."

"I didn't see Daddy cried when Mommy died last year but I know he's side. He always wanted to be alone and Grandma Elise would always play with me, cook me dinner and read me a bedtime story until I feel asleep then when I woke up, Daddy was lying beside me. When we last visited Mommy before we move here, Daddy would want to cry and I'm just beside him staring at him. I was also sad every time I saw him sad and Grandma Elise would tell me it's normal for Daddy to feel that. But when Daddy meets you again, he was always smiling and Grandma Elise said, he's in love again."

"I want to stop Vincent from talking but here he is. I can't do anything about it." Elise Chillman has a tray in her hand with three cups and there are smokes belching from it. She sat down beside them and held her hand. "Besides, I think this is the right time to tell you something, Selene and it's not to make you guilty but I hope it will push you to take risk again. My sister and your Mom are friends so there are times we also hang out with each other, we're neighbors and since then, I already treated you as a daughter and nothing else."

Selene remembered how fond Elise Chillman with her and that explains everything. Ridge told him that his Mom and Dad are dying to have a daughter but they weren't blessed with one.

"And even when you end up to my son or not, you'll always stay that way. I love Bernadette, too. She's a good woman and she had made Ridge happy and alive since we move to New York. You see, I know you're still in my son's heart through years and I can see sadness in his eyes, but I didn't have the courage to tell him to open up with me and I'll listen. As his mother, I'm also hurting with those sad eyes. When Bernadette died, Ridge never cried in front of me and I know he's trying to be strong for me and his son. Noel is gone so as Bernadette. But when we came back here and I heard you two and catching up again, I saw the old Ridge. His personality before we move to New York and when Bernadette married him is visible again."