30

stella pov

i decided the video could wait until after george and dream had left, but was reminded that they didn't have return flights by dream, so had to think of another excuse. i just really wasn't in an editing mood today.

i pulled out my phone and scrolled through twitter, when i kept getting No Caller ID calls. i went downstairs to see if george and dream were still here. they'd know what to do.

they were, and they were sat watching tom & jerry.

s-"did you pirate that?"

g-"yeah i havent watched it since i was like 7"

s-"cute. anyways, can you two stop calling me, im trying to watch tiktok here"

dream turned around and pretended to be offended. "t-" he faked a gag. "ttiktok?" he pointed to the door. "out".

for the bit, i walked out of the door, halfway. i was about to turn back inside when i saw a car that was a little too familiar... i just couldn't put my finger on it.

d-"anyways, we're not calling you. did you leak your number??"

s-"shit."

i sat down in my room and watched back the vod. i couldn't help but notice how obvious my stretch marks were. every time i raised my arms above my head, just to grab a bowl or something, you could see them creeping up from my hips. i hate them.

i went into the bathroom and took off my shirt. my dad always told me that they were disgusting. that nobody would ever love me if i had scars or imperfections. i remember the looks he gave me when a tiny ripple was visible over the top of my jeans, or when i wore a bathing suit at 14 and they'd poke out from the bottom. i picked up the scar oil i had in my cabinet, almost empty. it never works, but i like to think it does.

then nick walked in, and noticed i was shirtless. "ohp sorry." it's not like it was so bad, i was wearing a bralette. "you okay?"

i opened the door and grabbed my shirt. he was torn between looking away, or keeping eye contact, both out of respect. "yeah i'm good."

"what were you doing? i couldn't even hear you. i wouldn't have walked in if i could."

"uhh.."

i didn't want to tell him. what if my dad was right?

"i was uh.. putting oil on."

"oil?"

"yea for these." i lifted my shirt and pointed.

"for what? i don't see anything."

he was joking, right?

i pointed again. "those"

his eyebrows squeezed together, confusion plastered all over his face. "huh?"

"you're joking right?"

he laughed. "there's literally nothing there what do you mean."

i was gonna have to say it.

"my stretch marks."

the realisation hit, and you could see it in his eyes. "OHH"

just as i thought he was going to make a comment, he pulled up his shirt at the side, and looked down at it, then looked back at me.

"pass," he said, reaching for the oil.

he pulled off his shirt (which, as always, was hot) and tipped some oil into his hand.

"what are you doing?"

"we're putting oil on our stretch marks. i have to admit i have no idea why though."

"it's meant to get rid of them"

he froze and looked at me. "what?"

"yeah my dad gave it to me a couple years ago."

he sighed. "stella i literally have them too why would i care?"

he picked up the toilet roll and took off a few sheets, folded it up, and wiped it off of where he'd applied it.

he then came over to me, and wiped it off me as well.

he pointed to his, through his clothes. "tiger stripes."

he pointed to mine. "lightning bolts. idk man i think they're pretty cool"

i smiled, and went to my room to find a crop top. the marks weren't big, but i always felt like i needed to cover them. with nick, i felt safe. i wasn't being judged.

i put on the shirt, which was one that i'd bought oversized and cut halfway. i liked the way the seam rolled up better than normal ones; it felt more natural.

i picked up a scrunchie and tied my hair in a loose high ponytail, and pulled out a few parts to frame my face. i say that, but it's really just so i don't look like an absolute egg.

i retied the drawstring on my sweats and joined nick on the couch downstairs. i sat next to him, and swung my legs over so they were on his lap.

we were chilling after stream, he was probably checking twitter, but it was still in the back of my mind. nick never properly asked me out, even though we went on a date. did he know that he had to ask me too?

my mind wandered, and i began to think. i always see videos on my fyp of boys asking out girls, never girls asking out boys. plus, they always made a huge deal out of it.

"nick?"

he hmm-ed in response. ( how the fuck do i write that )

"can i ask you something?"

he lowered his phone. "sure"

"wanna date? like, be my boyfriend?"

i really did it that casually huh. lying, half on him, on the couch. hair a mess, no effort, casual.

he was shocked, at first, but then the blood started rising to his cheeks.

"yeah okay"

he reached down and grabbed my ankle, and pulled it violently outwards. i was now lying, head on his lap, looking up at him.

the corners of his mouth tried to lift, but he held it down. i could see his cheekbones become increasingly more pronounced.

he caught me mid-admiring, and pulled me in for a hug. i wriggled my way out and slid onto the floor, nick following me.

he was lying on top of me, his back on my stomach, crushing me. despite my best efforts to push him off, he continued leaning on me, both of us laughing the hardest i've heard in a while.

he rotated on the x axis to face me, his arms either side of my face, hair flopping about on his forehead. it was hot. i'm not gonna lie. i felt my eyes go wide and my mouth morph into the smile nick had done earlier, then he quickly and softly kissed me on the forehead, and pulled himself up back onto the sofa.

he patted the seat next to him, and i got up. this time, i laid with my head on his lap instead of my legs. he didn't notice, but most of the time i wasn't really paying attention to my phone, i was looking up at him.

a/n
______________________________________________________
hey bestie. i had a shit week. sorry for dying. i have a banger idea for the next chapter (perks of being brunette i guess)(i'm not brunette i'm strawberry blonde lmao)(i meant the characters)(why so many brackets the fuck)

ANYWAYS (didn't proofread)(more brackets this isn't okay??)

i'm avoiding revising for the 6 tests i have, so enjoy i guess

mwah,em