12

stella pov
⋆⋆⋆⋆
i watched as nick started video calling clay on discord, and moved his chair so he could see me on the chair and him on the bed at the same time.

"gonna add george too..." he said under his breath, just loud enough for me to hear.

he smooshed his face into his pillow. "do you always do that?"

it was still ringing through, so he had time to give me an answer.

"pretty much. i've had this pillow as long as i can remember. i can't sleep without it."

"no way? me too. im gonna go get mine."

nicks pillow had a white case with lots of poorly sewn stitches on, presumably from his cats ripping it. mine was a poorly blue and purple tie dyed one that i had made when i was 9.

i ran to my house and upstairs, grabbed the pillow and walked back to nick's. i didn't want to be panting when i spoke to his friends for the first time.

i got in, and opened nick's bedroom door to see that he was already talking away with clay and the other one on the call.

i walked across the frame and sat down, pulling the chair into frame as i did.

they both started trying to discreetly whisper to nick. "is that..." clay widened his eyes and raised his eyebrows, quick enough for me to do a double take but slow enough for me to notice. nick smiled and nodded.

"stella, yeah"

"GEORGE OH MY GOD"

"HI STELLA" the brit said enthusiastically.

i won't lie to you, i'm shit with names, so i wrote them down quickly in my notes app with a brief description of their appearance.

//

clay
blonde american seems tall

george
v dark brown hair british extremely white (just me or is gogy pale asf)

//

"hey guys" i waved at them.

"STELLA SAPNAP SPOKE TO US ABOUT YOU"

i looked to nick, partly for confirmation or denial, partly for any reaction of any kind.

his head shot up from the pillow.

"GEORGE WHAT THE HELL"

"*wheeze* WHAT *tea kettle* GEORGE why would you TELL her that"

"wait i recognise your voice..."

"DUDE really?"

"yeah you sound like that dreamer kid or whatever he's called i watched his manhunt video like last week or something."

g-"with the british one?"

"i can't remember what happened yesterday" me and nick exchanged a knowing glance. "and you expect me to remember that?"

clay showed me a clip. "this?"

"YEAH that's not you is it."

nick looked defeated. "yep that's him"

i didn't understand why he looked so depressed about it, but i went along with it.

n-"im actually meant to be in the next one, im gonna force you to watch that with me."

d-"wait okay so how did you two actually meet cause sapnaps shit at telling stories."

g-"TRUEEE any truers?"

"i'm yet to find out."

i explained the whole way we met, including the bit about twitch usernames and what happened earlier. george seemed to find that especially funny, considering he cried laughing.

i decided to leave out the part about me and nicks visit to the field, since i feel like that's a private memory for just us two. i wouldn't call it a date exactly, since neither of us knew it was going to happen, plus i would have put on at least a bit of makeup if it was a date.

//

i liked nicks friends. even though they called him sapnap, which sounds way worse than nick. i guess that's just what they're used to. they're really cool. we continued to make small talk for the next 20 mins or so, when i started to get tired. i said goodbye and clicked off the call. i switched nicks profile to do not disturb.

since it had come into my head, i decided to ask him if he considered that as a date. he said he had thought the same as me, but awkwardly asked if i would want to go on a proper date. he even called me star, which i loved. nobody ever called me nicknames, my whole life i've just been stella.

"hmm no. you're a bit annoying."

he looked genuinely hurt. "at least say you'll think about it?"

"maybe. i'll think about it i guess." i stood up. "okay im gonna go. i have laundry that i need to do."

"okay wait i need my shirt back too you have to bring that back it's my vn favourite shirt."

"i will i will chill dude. i didn't forget don't worry"

"okay good."

i was halfway through his bedroom door when something big and soft hit the back of my head. i picked it up without turning around and smiled to myself. this was mean, but his reaction was definitely gonna be worth it.

i walked down the hall far enough to not be seen from his room, and walked on the spot for a second. i put my pillow on the floor and ran back into his room.

"PILLOW FIGHT"

he started laughing, and then got super serious. he completely thrashed me.

"DUDE you're a literal god at this. what the hell"

"what can i say im a pro."

i pushed him. "also, i thought about it."

"...and?"

"of course i'll go on a date twitch you snickers. i was kidding"

a look of pure relief lined his eyes. he smiled, that soft warm smile that made me melt.

i soaked up the moment for as long as i could.

"shit okay i actually have to go do this laundry i'll drop your shirt round in like 20 minutes."

"okay in a bit stella" he waved, and i left the warmth of his house behind as i stepped onto the cold street.

when had it got so late?

a/n
________________________________________________
expect another chapter tomorrow :):)

im on a roll here damn.

also thank you so much for 300 reads?? tf? (also we got 69 reads on part one i thought you should all know cause that's funny number yk)

we like how it's going so far? i think i like it which is good idk tho lmao

again this isn't proofread i'm lazy.

mwah,em