chapter 8

possible trigger warning
or caution warnings.

————————————————-

Before larry was even up... travis moved away from the bed... taking his clothes leaving the room— knowing that it felt right... but so wrong. what he did last night would either get him killed in the eyes of the lord... or killed by his own father. not knowing what really to do he walked home... nothing but fear crossed his eyes— there wasn't even i shine... not a single sparkle could be seen even in broad daylight. his chest tightened... his hands turned into fist— clawing at his palms... "don't hurt me," a mutter left his mouth looking up at the church... walking up the hill... behind the church is where his house sat—

His bottom lip curled in... nibbling on the tender flesh and flaked chapped lips caused by crying; anxiety... sorrow. reaching the door of his own house he slowly reached for the door. "Travis!" an older mans voice could be heard... it didn't sound very loving- it sounded hateful... pain... nothing but something you wish you couldn't hear— a voice that could bring nothing but tears to your eyes knowing that something bad was about to happen.  there travis stood, opening that white crooked door— pausing to mouth the words... 'dear god...' before he even got the chance to look up the taste of blood filled his mouth...

On the floor— laid travis... his father above him kicked and throwing boiling water on his face, "Where were you? do you know what happens to sinners like you?!" kenneth yelled, but travis laid there... pain controlling his thoughts... knowing if he spoke that would be his life... gone,  so he let him kick... he let him yell— 'dear god... if you...' unconscious...

An on coming memory played in travis's head... a sweet sweet aroma could faintly be remembered...

"Travis honey! come out and get a snack darling!" a sweet woman's voice could be heard... through travis's eyes he could barely make out what she looked like... Long brunette hair— slender hands and a small waist; a loving  smile and a carefree giggle... a watching the boys small hands reach up to the lady— "hi darling... youve played so much! come on.. what do you want sweetie?" the shadow silhouette moved into frame... his father— "aw hes fine... hes chunky anyways he doesn't need to snack..." Kenneth said in a stern firm voice but before the lady could speak he was our the door... travis looked down... his blue eyes lost their sparkle again... "travis phelps.. you are perfect..."

the dream fades...

"i... love... you..."

nothing but darkness consumed travis after that... laying there... pain in his chest— gone...