Stressed

You've got a university assignment due pretty soon and you hit a mental block. It's lucky your boyfriend is there to pick up the pieces.

~*~*~*~ 2009 ~*~*~*~

You've been staring at your laptop for so long that your mind has gone completely blank and you were starting to get a headache. It was painful enough having to complete uni assignments but when they started to cause physical pain, that's when panic also started to set in.

You had been tasked with writing a 2000 word essay and you were completely stuck on word 1267. You were scrolling through Google Scholar to try and find research to help you get through this mental block you were currently having but nothing you clicked on was any help at all.

You must have gone through about 40 abstracts in the last hour and you'd not managed to find a single thing that related back to the research question you had to answer. To make it worse none of them would even help you with your critical evaluation.

This essay was the 4th assignment you'd had to complete in the two months and it should have been the easiest because it was the one with the smallest word count. But this module obviously liked to fuck with you because this was the one that you also had to do an exam in.

You should have done it before Christmas. That is what you should have done.

But you'd got so wrapped up in the Holiday with Alex being back home that you just didn't want to think about it. So you gave yourself the 2 weeks break.

But now you really wished you didn't.

You don't think an assignment had ever gotten you into this much of a panic before, but you were really fighting with your emotions to stay calm. You couldn't afford the time to have a breakdown. You really couldn't.

You wanted this finished tonight because you had to start revising for the exam. You needed to start revising for the exam.

With any other module, you could have written the 700 words you needed to by now, but your brain wasn't working with you. The worst part was you had no idea why nothing was coming to mind to help you solve the situation.

It wasn't even like you were exhausted. You and Alex had a lie in this morning, staying in bed till 10am just cuddled together. Selfishly, you wanted to be wrapped in his arms for longer because despite him being back for just over 3 weeks now, you still wanted to make up for lost time.

But after you both got up out of bed, you'd gone out for brunch with his Mum and Dad for an hour or two before heading back to your's and Alex's flat. That only took you to 1pm though and by half past you were sat doing your essay.

Now though, it was 6:34pm and your eyes were hurting, there was an invisible pressure in the form of a headache all over your head, and you felt completely and utterly drained.

In the 5 hours you'd been doing it you'd only managed to get 300 words written. But what frustrated you more was the fact that yesterday the 900 words you got down came extremely easily.

But today, nothing was working. You couldn't find the information you were desperately searching for. You couldn't think of another way to make the point you wanted to, and you found that the panic you could feel in your chest started to spread.

You try your best to keep it at bay, you really do. But it seemed with every piece of research that failed to meet the criteria you were looking for made it spread even more.

When you click onto the next page to see again that nothing comes up that you needed, you start to break down. And you don't even try to stop your emotions from overwhelming you.